DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - WINTER 2021

Dolfan in NYC

The minnows won their cup final. Kudos.

Seriously, would've preferred we not lose the winning streak at the hands of United, but that's what a truly great rivalry is all about. Also, part of me is glad it's out of the way now so we can focus on bigger and better things with one less distraction. It was an amazing run, unprecedented in league history, and you can't take that away from the club.

On 3/7/2021 at 4:20 PM, AxB said:

Wouldn't it be funny if Rangers win ten in a row now? 

With both of the power teams competitive again, I don't see it happening. Just glad to see them win the league this year.

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Most outlets saying Chris Wilder is out at Sheffield United. 

Gutted. Yes this season has been spectacularly bad and some huge blunders have been made in the transfer market, but there's nobody else I'd rather have at the helm to at least have a crack next season in the Championship. CW is a Blade through and through. Seems like the Prince and Wilder butted heads over bringing a director of football in. 

Getting out of League One and the Championship was amazing. Last season was unreal. This season losing to Man City, Chelsea etc has been more palatable than losing to Yeovil, Southend etc by a million, billion miles.  

Won't get Bilic or Howe who will be holding out for Premier League/overseas jobs. Very few names bandied about inspire confidence. If Alan Pardew comes in I'm climbing a belltower.

Edited by Jimbo_Tsuruta

On 3/9/2021 at 4:07 PM, RIPPA said:

Well Jurgen Klopp said he won't be the replacement

Unless Reds let him go, that would be, I guess. 

Talk was Rangnick or Flick, but Rangnick is now rumoured to join Schalke as some sports director type. I can't see Flick leaving Bayern. It feels like Löw should have gone after the 2014 World Cup Win, but that's hindsight 2020 (or 2021) and the team looked to be a contender even a year before 2018, there was no way to call the level of collapse.

It's remarkable that Löw stuck around after that and tried to help with the rebuild, but it didn't quite seem to work out as intended and the German national team seems mid level atm. Still an amazing tenure, with a long run of final four appearances, quite a few legendary games and even silverware. Thanks and respect you shall have, Mr. Löw. 

• Like 1

The whole connected clubs thing, people look at Man City and all their sister teams, and then they look at Man United without any, and they think they've found the path to nirvana or some shit.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AxB said:

The whole connected clubs thing, people look at Man City and all their sister teams, and then they look at Man United without any, and they think they've found the path to nirvana or some shit.

I'd love to take the fucking soda people doing that shit and fire them straight into the sun.

Oh, traditionally there always been "blocks" in the good German teams. Bayern was a big part of the 1974 and 1990 teams, the 1954 World Champions had a Kaiserslautern block. Those were always essential to have a sort of team chemistry, most of the successful squads managed to put club rivalries aside for the greater good. 

The quality players from Bayern sure helped a lot, although to be fair, not all of them were solely Bayern products, Neuer originally came from Schalke, Lahm went to Stuttgart for a season or two to develop, Kroos played two years in Leverkusen. 

On 3/12/2021 at 1:08 PM, Jimbo_Tsuruta said:

Gutted. Yes this season has been spectacularly bad and some huge blunders have been made in the transfer market, but there's nobody else I'd rather have at the helm to at least have a crack next season in the Championship. CW is a Blade through and through. Seems like the Prince and Wilder butted heads over bringing a director of football in. 

Getting out of League One and the Championship was amazing. Last season was unreal. This season losing to Man City, Chelsea etc has been more palatable than losing to Yeovil, Southend etc by a million, billion miles.  

Won't get Bilic or Howe who will be holding out for Premier League/overseas jobs. Very few names bandied about inspire confidence. If Alan Pardew comes in I'm climbing a belltower.

YERJ1M.gif

;).