DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - WINTER 2021

Dolfan in NYC

The UK just went under a severe lockdown today because of a new mutation of the Covid virus that's highly transmissible.  As of now, it looks like the EPL will continue unabated.  

I really hope when I open the next thread in March, this is a blip and not a third wave...  

• Like 2

Even the official Impact account dunked on him. Shit reads like the last desperate attempts to hold onto a job. 

I think the fanbase, most of it anyway, is willing to be patient but this is crazy. I am at the point where I want them to win because I feel bad for them. Pity. 

• Haha 2

Arteta math might lead to away days at Millwall and Wycombe Wanderers for Arsenal next season. OMG if that happens, AFTV will be must see. 

Oh, and Mexican club America sacked their manager Miguel Herrera today after a disappointing Liga MX quarterfinals loss to Chivas and LAFC eliminating them from the ConcaChampions.

Edited by cubbymark
  • Sad 1

On 12/21/2020 at 12:17 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

The UK just went under a severe lockdown today because of a new mutation of the Covid virus that's highly transmissible.  As of now, it looks like the EPL will continue unabated.  

I really hope when I open the next thread in March, this is a blip and not a third wave...  

Yeah, it's really bad in the UK right now with countries stopping travel to and from. A new Tier introduced, Tier 4. Looks like we'll be having a third National Lockdown shortly.

Interesting. They didn't dominate domestically like they used to, but got really close to winning CL. He didn't seem happy with the idea of signing an extension, maybe that's the reason? Although extremely stupid, probably buying him out of the remaining contract instead of waiting for the summer. 

Looks like Matip just done in his groin. Rhys Williams has looked good so far but if Liverpool has aspirations for both the league and Europe, I don't think we can afford to have Fabinho playing every match and relying on Williams. 

A Sheffield team have sacked their manager. Guess which?

Spoiler

It's Sheffield Wednesday. Tony Pulis is gone, after ten games in charge. TEN!

There's nothing in football I enjoy watching more than Thiago Alcantara casually unlocking defenses with maybe the line exception of Gerrard dingers. I'm so happy he's back. 

Edited by Jiji

Bitton you fucking moron. Another defender was coming in and would've cut Moreloes off. Congrats Sevco on the first ever title in your 9 year history.

At least 3 teams (spurs, west ham, palace) had players violate quarantine over the holidays to attend parties and what not. 

Regelon even got a roast pig from Jose last week since he would be spending Xmas alone. And then he went to a party. Welcome to Jose's doghouse. 

9 hours ago, odessasteps said:

At least 3 teams (spurs, west ham, palace) had players violate quarantine over the holidays to attend parties and what not. 

Regelon even got a roast pig from Jose last week since he would be spending Xmas alone. And then he went to a party. Welcome to Jose's doghouse. 

So we've new additions to the list of stupid footballers breaching coronavirus rules. Selfish morons.

Edited by The Natural

RIP Gerry Marsden #YNWA

Gerry wrote Ferry Cross The Mersey of course, and appears on this version made after Hillsborough (it also features Paul McCartney, Holly Johnson formerly of Frankie Goes To Hollywood, and The Christians)

Edited by RunningFromAmerica
Added Ferry
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

RIP Gerry Marsden #YNWA

Yeah just found out a minute ago. Gerry Marsden, singer of You'll Never Walk Alone dies aged 78. Condolences to his family and friends xxx.

Edited by The Natural

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

If Sheffield United don't beat Bristol Rovers in the FA Cup I will drive to every United player's house and put fish heads behind their radiators. 

Edited by Jimbo_Tsuruta