DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF - 2021 SPRING & OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Quarterback Joe Milton is transferring from Michigan.  That means the #1 and #2 projected quarterbacks going into last fall have transferred (Dylan McCaffrey being the other).  Harbaugh continues to bomb with his quarterbacks.

Incoming freshman JJ McCarthy is expected to be the starter in the fall.  

Reminder that FCS' Spring season is starting back up

Of course not only are there still COVID issues to work around - weather issues remain

Illinois State-Missouri State was supposed to be Saturday. It will now be played in April due to hideous weather in Missouri

41 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Fellas in jackets on the left.

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear.  What are their names?  Who do they play for?

Edit:  OOPS!  Should have looked at the article posted directly above this.  

Edited by Log

2 hours ago, Zimbra said:

"Don't try to fight a short dude with visible cauliflower ear" should be taught in school.  Those dudes ignored all the warning signs that they were about catch a beating.

Thats right there with the make sure the short guy Isn’t in the UFC lesson Rashad Bobino learned. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Contentious C said:

I would probably have more sympathy if the source for this wasn't the dude's lawyer who is trying to paint his client as an innocent peacemaker

• Like 4

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I would probably have more sympathy if the source for this wasn't the dude's lawyer who is trying to paint his client as an innocent peacemaker

Sporting News has a more balanced take. Also, this:

The comments. Sweet baby Jesus, the comments.

The brother without the hat asking the brother with the hat "which one you want?" killed me. This looked like some shit from Good Will Hunting. Both guys threw really good suplexes on a really, really hard and gross surface. The one football player had his head suplexed into the wall.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Sporting News has a more balanced take. Also, this:

The comments. Sweet baby Jesus, the comments.

That guy is getting roasted in the comments.  Could have walked away, could've not pounded on a guy that was already knocked out, could've not thrown the first punches...

When I was in college (on my 21st birthday, in fact), I talked shit to a dude I shouldn't have talked shit to and ended up knocked out.  Luckily, I was fine.  I had a massive shiner and some bumps and bruises, but nothing serious.  Bottom line is, I shouldn't have picked a fight with a dude that I couldn't handle.  Same goes for these football players.  Sometimes, you've just got to shut your mouth and walk away.

On 2/23/2021 at 12:45 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

And to be totally fair, we have zero context aside from what we've seen.  Walking away may not have been an option.

But the little guys were clearly being provoked (in the video). 

The guy who laid the smack down on Spencer at the beginning of the video visibly grabbed his nose, which he appeared to be bleeding from.