DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF - 2021 SPRING & OFFSEASON

RIPPA

16 hours ago, EVA said:

Wow, that coaching search really went off the rails.  I mean, he’s a fine coach, but he was not even in the discussion until, well, right about now.

Looking forward to all the Auburn fans who have toed the SEC party line about Boise not actually being any good for he past, oh, 15 years now suddenly talk up how great Harsin is.

I'm a pro Boise Auburn fan, but I've actually watched them play some. It's a C+ hire that could turn into an A- hire. It's an Allen Greene hire, which is huge when you factor how much the BoT screwed this up. 

Kid is from Boise. Boise was his dream job, so he must think he can do big things at elite football. However, he just took the hardest job in college football. One that has to play and recruit against Bama/A&M/Georgia/LSU every single year. May the odds be in his favor and War Eagle!

I'm amazed Luke Fickell isn't more in the conversation for a top job, especially somewhere in the Midwest. (Honestly, I wouldn't be upset if Michigan kicked the tires on him if Harbaugh was to either leave or be asked to leave, though that doesn't currently look likely.)

Utah RB Ty Jodan died at the 19 after apparently accidentally shooting himself

Jordan had just recently been named Pac 12 Offensive Freshman of the Year and All Pac-12 2nd Team

• Sad 3

I missed this over the last few days but saw it as it is now part of the story line for the Giants/Cowboys game

Boise State has interviewed Kellen Moore and he is supposedly their first choice

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

It gets better - reports are now that Sark turned them down

If that turns out to be true, and A&M beats NC tonight, I may stay pants less till we go back to the office in July 

Edited by Robert C
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Robert C said:

If that turns out to be true, and A&M beats NC tonight, I may stay pants less till we go back to the office in July 

Sadly Sark ended up taking the gig (I’m assuming he held them up for more money)

Edit:  wrong thread.

Theres a lot to dissect about this Sark hire.  What I have a most vested interest in right now is who he takes with him from Alabama.  If he’s smart, he throws all the money at Jeff Banks, who led Bama’s absolute *raid* of elite Texas talent in recruiting this year.  If Sark gets him, that’s a big step toward getting Texas back on track.  Obviously, I hope Bama can keep him.

Edited by EVA

LSU TE Arik Gilbert tweeted that he was going to enter the transfer portal.

However, he has since deleted that tweet and his name hasn't shown up in the portal so who the fuck knows

29 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

BRB - wheezing

BoB has somehow translated "not having Penn State get the death penalty" into running an NFL franchise into the ground and now a cushy gig where he'll have zero consequences and eventually another HC job.  (I'm guessing at Michigan.)  

Also, Fuck Adam Gase. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

BoB has somehow translated "not having Penn State get the death penalty" into running an NFL franchise into the ground and now a cushy gig where he'll have zero consequences and eventually another HC job.  (I'm guessing at Michigan.)  

Also, Fuck Adam Gase. 

If BoB ever ends up at Ann Arbor I'm out.

5 hours ago, EVA said:

I don’t know that I’ve ever initially liked a single Saban OC hire, and yet they all seem to work out just fine, so I’m just gonna chill out on this one.

I think it's Saban trying to stunt and show he can win with literally anyone as his OC.

• Like 1

Probably shouldn't give Gase as OC much credit for Manning putting up the raw statistical greatest season ever, but he was also OC for Jay Cutler's best season by far. It's entirely possible he's one of those guys in the Wade Phillips mode where he's a good assistant but can't be the top guy.

BoB is the best coach in Texans history. He honestly wasn't bad at the coaching part. Not great, but not bad. The problem was giving him the GM job, where he was quite possibly the worst in the NFL at that.

• Like 1