DVDVR Message Board

TNAEW Dynamite - 12/9/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Show seems pretty talk heavy tonight with Inner Circle, Sting, Shaq and Omega segments on tap.

In ring, we have...

Orange Cassidy vs MJF

Archer and Lucha Brothers vs Kingston, Butcher and Blade

Young Bucks vs TH2

FTR vs The Varsity Blondes

Dustin Rhodes vs. 10

Edited by Goodear
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Goodear said:

Show seems pretty talk heavy tonight with Inner Circle, Sting, Shaq and Omega segments on tap.

In ring, we have...

Orange Cassidy vs MJF

Archer and Lucha Brothers vs Kingston, Butcher and Blade

Young Bucks vs TH2

FTR vs The Varsity Blondes

Dustin Rhodes vs. 10

Yeah especially for a taped show, but it's good idea to have some big storyline and angle expansion after Winter Is Coming.

Just some quick bits before going to bed now.

1. I was too young for Surfer-Sting, didn't watch Joker-Sting in TNA and became a wrestling fan with Crow-Sting in WCW - and so it felt super weird hearing a happy-go-lucky Sting.
2. Cody continues his struggles to find a clear role and now teases a heel turn once again.
3. That reaction face from Shaq at the end of the segment was fantastic.
4. I really liked the Inner Circle discussion, especially Ortiz and Jericho admitting he rewatched last weeks match to point out that MJF is lying.
5. Jungle Boy gets a programm with FTR. Hook me up!
6. Shida continues her programm with Abandon. The women's champion is featured weekly and in a feud... what's going on here?
7. Reynolds and Silver coming up behind Hangman was awesome. Really looking forward to that trio.
8. Kudos to For Great Justice for predicting Kenny arriving by helicopter.
9. I was entertained by Callis and Omega but their talking was a whole lot of nothing.
10. Good guys Best Friends getting the jobbers some main event quality tv time.
11. Main Event was a little overbooked but if it gets me Miro going rogue I'm okay.

All in all, lot of stuff happening, time flew by for me, I was highly entertained.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, MrKothoga said:

1. I was too young for Surfer-Sting, didn't watch Joker-Sting in TNA and became a wrestling fan with Crow-Sting in WCW - and so it felt super weird hearing a happy-go-lucky Sting.

My favorite Sting promo was the one on the last Nitro(The one with the bats). It always makes me cry after watching it. Reminds me of Clarabell The Clown saying bye. So I personally enjoy Crow Sting being more relatable when he opens his mouth. 

• Like 1

Fun show!

Omega's presentation is soooooo much better with Callis. Like, it's night and day. I love this act. Absolutely loved them digging in on it, too (MORE sweeping girls!!)

Other favorite things on the show were MJF's Orange Punch sell, Hangman and Dark Order, Miro throwing dudes into the abyss. Butcher and The Blade winning streak!!

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Infinit said:

That was a super fun 2 hours.

Sure was! We got some spot-fu, some brawling, some old fashioned heeling it up, some young wrestlers getting air time, some story-line advancing squish matches, some character-building interview stuff, some comedy, some drama, some nostalgia, Miro the well-dressed video-game -loving jacked-up rage monster... I'm sure even the haters found some stuff to get all riled up about. A lot of stuff moving forward and being built toward, while still being fun to watch segment-to-segment wise. IMHO, another pretty damned good free TV show. 

Edited by El Gran Gordi
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, Infinit said:

That was a super fun 2 hours. If I can make a complaint, it's that Callis and Omega pretty much said the same things they said on Impact, but I understand why they did it.

Yeah, they really had to with them doing 52k on Twitch and whatever TNA does on AXS. But last night's delivery was significantly better. Only real disappointment in an otherwise really fun show.

Bucks vs. TH2 was tremendous. This was the first time Evans and Angelico really showed what they could do in AEW. I hope they can build off this and get something going with a midcard face team. One of the better Dynamite matches this year I thought and The Bucks deliver every time. Easily the best modern tag team and it's not even close. 

Shaq's reaction to the water ?. I like how they didn't come in silly but there was subtle disrespect and he was called on it. Cargill is so much taller than all of the other women in that pull apart. If she learns how to work and talk she should hold the women's title forever and ever. Good next step with this thing.

Sting putting Cody in his place and hugging Tony absolutely ruled. Fuck yeah. Darby as son of Sting is exciting. I liked Darby's segment too.

They are really heating Miro up and he's delivering. That body slam off the stage looked lethal. He's ready to go. Just get him outta that fucking team. He's such a bigger presence and star than Kip. Sabian may be something with more seasoning but right now he's a project and he's dragging Miro down.

Main event was good but nothing I'll remember in a few days. MJF is getting really good at the targeted limb work though. Thought the inner circle stuff was a perfectly acceptable recovery after some missteps. Wardlow talked. It was good.

And holy hell was that Hangmin/Dork Orgy perfect. Can't fucking wait for more of that in my life. Page could barely keep it together. "Seven days." REYNOLDS!

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 4

I'd really been looking forward to TH2/Young Bucks and they opened with a hot match. Iwas hoping TH2 would earn a title shot to continue the feud, but I guess The Acclaim are next up? Good for them for getting moved up from Dark, but they've hardly done much so far.

The Shaq segment was tepid at best. Much like Cody, Brandy can't decide if she wants to be a heel or not.

Speaking of which, this week we got Noir Detective Cody acting *spins wheel* heelish. Sting is still vague on why he came back, if he's there of his own accord or was hired, etc, but looks like he's going to follow in the footsteps of Jake, Arn, and Tully in managing a new guy. I've never been a Sting fan, but if it gets more of a spotlight on Darby then good for him. Ihave to wonder if Darby turning is the long game?

I've really been digging Abadon ever since she debuted. She's got a great look and presentation and her in-ring work is solid. She understands how to work her body language and character work into her wrestling. The match was fine as far as squashes go, then we get to see her show she is unfazed (or maybe even enjoyed) a cane shot.

While Callis definitely adds to Kenny's overall presentation, the promo didn't amount to much.

I wonder if we're actually going to see Wardlow and Hager mix it up, or if they're going to be two guys who thought they hated eachother but end up being friends because they realize they're so similar. Main event was solid. I like Orange Cassidy, but not on a main event level. Still, he has a way of making himself always look legitimate no matter the presentation. MJF really is a future star in the business. He's a master of dickhead heelery and can also legit wrestle and tell a story in-ring.

When Miro showed up Iwas glad to see him, but he's just been kinda there so far. Tonight he finally got to look like a badass wrecking fools. I hope they keep up the momentum with him.

Edited by HumanChessgame
  • Like 1