DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

Wasn't he already pushing 40 when he debuted? I liked Kozlov too but that could be a reason why he was released. Maybe they just saw no upside. He was still buddied up with Santino and fairly over IIRC.

Bundy, Haku and Barbie look like they could get into the ring today and do just fine for themselves while Orndorff is morphing into Stu Hart before our eyes. "Ehhhhh..."

• Like 1

One of Vlad's funniest bits with Santino where they have a tea party with Sheamus in London:

You're just waiting for Kozlov to stick Sheamus with his umbrella, at which point Sheamus will drop down and start convulsing.

I also love the sign that says, 'Sheamus, The Pale Predator.'

Posted Image

Saddest part is... whatever the mark paid for the photograph, a promoter took half, and then the rest was split 5 ways for these guys.  

PLUS he's the only motherfucker ain't look in the camera

ps. dat brown track suit.. must needs

Poor Bobby man.

I've seen photos of him over the years, and they always make me very very sad.

There's something incredibly cruel about a guy with Heenan's nimble brain and tongue being stricken with throat cancer of all things. I saw him at the Meadowlands WrestleCon (sitting next to Jushin Liger of all people) and my heart broke just looking at him.

With the head shaved, Barbarian kind of looks like Gigante Tazz. 

I think the stache threw me.  I was trying to put together if maybe it was someone else Bobby managed like Lanza, but yeah, when you see the eyes, it's Orndorff.

• Like 1

Holy shit... What stage cancer did Bobby have? Removal of the jaw is common with the treatment? Jesus...

Heenan has throat cancer.

I think often the jaw gets removed due to infection or the spread of cancer.

Like Roger Ebert's cancer was thyroid but the cancer spread to the tissue in his jaw.