DVDVR Message Board

AEW - DEC 2020

Dolfan in NYC

On 12/11/2020 at 9:56 AM, EVA said:

Danny Limelight getting a lot of shine on Cage was interesting.  I would assume he has a contract coming his way, if he isn’t signed already.  But the way the match went also kinda feels like they’re giving up on Cage ever being anything.

As much as I would like to see Limelight get a contract, I'd rather see him in tags with the One Man Lucha Gang as the Bodega rather than working singles matches, but I guess you gotta make money moves while you still have functioning knees.

On 12/11/2020 at 9:56 AM, EVA said:

I certainly understand the appeal of getting in on the ground floor with Max Caster, who clearly has the potential to be a star if you nurture him the right way, but man you can tell he’s only been a pro for a few years.  He’s got a ways to go in the ring.

Putting him in a tag team with another young but more experienced guy like Bowens was a good call.  And being paired with Caster seems to have brought out more of Bowens’s personality than I had seen him show before.  I think it shows good awareness/business sense on his part to understand that he risked being overshadowed as the mechanic of the team to Caster’s future star if he didn’t step up his presentation.

All that said, they’re still figuring out how to be a team in the ring!  I don’t know that they’ve landed on any double teams that really work.  That sunset flip->neckbreaker->lungblower combo has yet to look particularly good.  Hopefully this program with the Bucks will help them along.

Max and Bowens have tons of charisma individually, but they have to be the worst tag-team in the federation getting a Dark push.  They are slowly figuring it out, but it is really painful to watch.  It is almost business exposing for them to be getting wins over some of the teams they've faced so far....

….except for that team that George South Jr. was on... those guys were shit.

21 minutes ago, Custos said:

Meltzer confirmed that Snoop will be doing commentary when he appears on Dynamite.

Vince could not get Snoop for SmackDown?  Sasha Banks is Snoop's cousin FFS.  Does he have some sort of TBS / TNT appearance contract since he appears on The Go Big Show?

Edited by J.T.

8 minutes ago, AxB said:

Snoop does what Snoop wants. You honestly think he cares about Vince McMahon's feelings? Nah. Snoop don't give a fuck. 

Oh, I don't give a fuck about Vince either.  I'm just sayin' that it would be cool for him to run SmackDown commentary and give his cousin a shout-out while she's in the ring.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

There's every chance he shouts out Sasha on Dynamite, to be fair. So long as he doesn't do it when Sammy G is in the ring, I don't see anyone minding.

• Like 1

So not only is he the new Lex Luger, he's also the new Rick Rude. Maybe he's done (will do) a Hulk Hogan and flown/ will fly across the International Date line tomorrow, allowing him to work both of tonight's shows by making it become yesterday.

You know Cody's off on his own because if he had run that by even one person they might say something like, "How is dying your hair supposed to make people think of an unrelated character from a totally different medium who only cut his hair decades ago?"

Edited by Godfrey
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Andy in Kansas said:

Dax, probably in character, getting in on the drama.

I don’t think he’s in character. 

AEW matches have a tendency to be formulaic with the spots they use. Except for FTR matches which tend to be different from everything else.

And can someone explain to me how a dive that is done by almost every wrestler male and female every week is a suicide dive? At least a dozen are performed without issue on tv every week...at some point shouldn’t it just be a dive?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, zendragon said:

Can someone fill me in on the drama?

Started like this:

Basically lots of people in Wrestling debating whether harsh training is a good thing or not, and whether younger talent listening to veterans is a great way to learn, or why Wrestling is stuck in the past and riddled with bigotry.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AxB said:

Started like this:

Basically lots of people in Wrestling debating whether harsh training is a good thing or not, and whether younger talent listening to veterans is a great way to learn, or why Wrestling is stuck in the past and riddled with bigotry.

Pretty sure the AEW drama started because JR made comments on his podcast, which I quoted on this page.

On 12/12/2020 at 12:05 PM, Godfrey said:

I had no idea coils were so prone to clustering.

That has confused me all weekend, but I finally heard the audio, and he actually says “cluster up like quail,” which makes WAY more sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1