DVDVR Message Board

AEW - DEC 2020

Dolfan in NYC

I still need to finish Dark but if anybody cares about the SCU story then their segment during Britt's show is well worth watching.  I really do wish they cut the laugh track once things got serious but I'm hoping to see somebody post this with that cut out.  But it was pretty nice seeing Kaz disappointed in Daniels yet it didn't lead to a heel turn.  It felt like two best friends working out frustrations and in the end they seem more motivated to get to the top.  So while I can't say I'm the biggest SCU fan I find myself caring more about how far they can take this before the end comes.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

I didn't need that Henry Godwin Tribute from Bear Country. Yikes....

Yeah, that was some scary shit.  But you know what I do need?  I need AEW to sign Bear Country.  Two weeks in a row they've been very impressive and while the end of the match was rough I really could for seeing them on my TV a lot more.

• Like 3

Bear Country are out of the Create a Pro school* (run by Brian Myers) so they aren't that far removed from WWE style. 

* So is Kris Statlander and I think MJF.

• Like 1

With the amount of offense they're getting on decently pushed teams, I think sooner or later they're going to be signed, especially since social media seems to be wanting more of them.

It's amazing how Private Party was supposed to be their project tag team, and they have like 4-5 young teams way ahead of them already.  It's too early to call Private Party busts, but they definitely have gotten more attention than they've earned so far.

Edited by alstein

5 hours ago, AxB said:

Bear Country are out of the Create a Pro school* (run by Brian Myers) so they aren't that far removed from WWE style. 

* So is Kris Statlander and I think MJF.

I saw Bear Country and Statlander at Chaotic Wrestling’s Cold Fury event in 2019.  They were all pretty good.  

There was another dude named Mike Verna who was on that show and recently (I think) got a match on Dark.  It’s my understanding that they are all Brian Fury students.

Edited by Brandon Bones

On 12/22/2020 at 11:31 AM, DangerMark said:

Even on BTE, Dark Order still bully Five something fierce, and they're still total weirdos. Yes, they're adorable and hilarious, but there's still something a little off about them.

would i hang out with this current version of Dark Order? absolutely!

would i want to be a member of Brodie Lee's Dark Order cult?  nah.

would i want to be a part of Evil Uno's Creeper Throne? hell no.

8 minutes ago, twiztor said:

would i hang out with this current version of Dark Order? absolutely!

would i want to be a member of Brodie Lee's Dark Order cult?  nah.

would i want to be a part of Evil Uno's Creeper Throne? hell no.

0a88647a00030c985aa304397e657c9da9a080ea

Real ones know. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Brandon Bones said:

I saw Bear Country and Statlander at Chaotic Wrestling’s Cold Fury event in 2019.  They were all pretty good.  

There was another dude named Mike Verna who was on that show and recently (I think) got a match on Dark.  It’s my understanding that they are all Brian Fury students.

Kris Statlander, Bear Bronson, MJF, Max Caster and MJF’s lawyer (Mark Sterling) are all graduates of the Create-A-Pro school.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brandon Bones said:

He wrestled Peter Avalon on the most recent episode of Dark. It was my first time seeing him and thought he looked better than Avalon did, though Avalon has always come off as a jobber to me.

That’s gonna be a no from me, dawg. The only joshi I want to see besides Shida is Maki Itoh, and that’s only because she’s entertaining as fuck (not necessarily a great wrestler - yet?).

I like their women’s division because it’s a work in progress, honestly. In a few years, someone like KiLynn King will be pretty damn good.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Casey said:

That’s gonna be a no from me, dawg. The only joshi I want to see besides Shida is Maki Itoh, and that’s only because she’s entertaining as fuck (not necessarily a great wrestler - yet?).

I like their women’s division because it’s a work in progress, honestly. In a few years, someone like KiLynn King will be pretty damn good.

They get Statlander back and they'll be on the way...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Statlander is a project herself. She's far from the final product both character and work-wise. I'm not going to rehash the same shit we've said a hundred times about the division though beyond the only woman on the roster who can have good matches with a variety of opponents and cut good promos isn't even signed (yet ??). 

It might not appeal to everyone, but the possibility down the road of Kris Statlander vs KiLynn King in an actual, competitive match is something I’m very much looking forward to.

But, yeah, there’s depth there beyond just turning the women’s division into WCW’s cruiserweights except with joshi. And I forgot about people like Deeb and Rosa. Who knows what the future holds in regards to WWE/NXT talent leaving that company in the next year or so, too. 

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1