DVDVR Message Board

AEW - DEC 2020

Dolfan in NYC

I hate to take a turn toward fantasy booking and take away from the real life discussion, but I’ve always thought the story was always going to be Hangman unwillingly taking over the group of misfits, turning them into winners over time, finding himself in the process, and using that newfound leadership/confidence to dethrone Omega. Year 2 of AEW ending with a champion Hangman on the shoulders of a babyface Dark Order would be a wonderful capstone to a well told 2 year story. 

I don’t know if they still tell that story now, but I think that’s where it was all going.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, alstein said:

I think you can, but who's the antagonist now?  Eddie Kingstron?  A Heel Mox?   Anna Jay+ Uno/Stu with a huge indy guy as her champion?

The rest of the Elite. The Bucks turning and aligning makes so much sense that I'm already expecting them to botch it... Karl Anderson would actually work out GREAT if him 'n Gallows are the centerpieces of the IMPACT talent trade. Page over a Bullet Club vet tells an easy story, tag matches for the build-up would book themselves, it pays off the "big match Karl" stuff Kenny and Don were referencing, and I imagine they'd match up great in the ring. The circus element of a faction war would cover for both guys' white meat tendencies, I think.

I think your post implies that Jericho and MJF should stay focused on each other and the Darby/Sting/Team Taz stuff shouln't overlap, and I agree. If Spears had panned out this would be a perfect place for that sort of midcard heel, but... maybe Archer's that guy now? No idea what he's doing in the Kingston feud. And there's no way you could turn any Dark Order guy all-the-way heel against Page. Not any time soon.

You know what would be cool idk how they would do it legally I don’t know copyright law Chikara’s not around anymore Smart Mark Video does has the footage so there’s that but if they aired that cage match from Chikara against Claudio that would be super cool. 

17 hours ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

What about Miro and Dark Order? 

Can anything be done there?

I am intrigued with Hangman becoming the leader of Dark Order....it’s an interesting dynamic. 

Destructive Heel Miro vs Hangman would be cool. The faster they can get Miro away from Kip, Video games and feuds involving peoples moms the better

Miro's video game stuff seems like a put-on from a guy who's only in it for the Twitch views. I think he only streams Call of Duty and sports games. If they open a Dynamite with him shooting 100% on the fifth Challenging Stage in Galaga I'll hold my tongue.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 1

Continuing my Top 10 of this year and most likely my final tally for 2020 unless something wild happens on Wednesday. I only made one change, swapping out Omega/Guevara for Deeb/Rosa. I'll admit there may have been a few really good multiman tags I have forgotten about although none reached the storytelling level of the 12-man I included so perhaps that can act as a stand in. Open to suggestions too.

1. AEW Tag Titles: Young Bucks/Omega and Page (29/02)
2. AEW World Title: Mox/Kingston (23/09)
3. Parking Lot Fight: Best Friends/Santana and Ortiz (10/09)
4. Darby Allin/Ricky Starks (25/09)
5. TNT Title: Mr. Brodie Lee/Dustin Rhodes (09/09)
6. 12-man Tag: Dark Order and Colt Cabana/The Elite and FTR (30/07)
7. MJF/Jungle Boy (23/05)
8. NWA Women's Title: Serena Deeb/Thunder Rosa (18/11)
9. 30 Minute Iron Man: Kenny Omega/PAC (26/02)
10. AEW Women's Title: Riho/Nyla Rose (12/02)

• Like 1

I was thinking about all the changes the dark order has gone through and realized we just passed the 1 year mark from that 12/18 final show that ended with the dark order laying out all the stars that everyone thought was the worst thing ever. Then you have Brodie debuting with the team which I honestly didn’t like the fit at first. Wanted him to be a loner bad ass like lance. Then after a few months they find their voice in a totally different and unexpected way and really start to click. Then this unforeseeable tragedy happens. And now who knows where they’ll go from here? Just kind of sitting back thinking about it all. What a year. 

I feel that the video game stuff makes him seem like a guy who's obsessed with video games when he should be a monster wrecking people who get in his way (and he should be heading toward challenging for a title) he comes across as a dork whos best friends with a mini-dork. I think its a poor use of a guy I was extremely high on when he got signed. And I don't care how much the gucci pants and mickey mouse shirt are someone should tell him it looks ridiculous 

16 minutes ago, zendragon said:

And I don't care how much the gucci pants and mickey mouse shirt are someone should tell him it looks ridiculous 

I initially read that as "Someone ELSE should tell him it looks ridiculous" and thought you were backhandedly complimenting him on being an intimidator.

• Haha 1