DVDVR Message Board

AEW - DEC 2020

Dolfan in NYC

Man, I hate that for Trent.  For my money, Best Friends were stealth MVPs of the pandemic era, especially the no-crowd period and those bleak Nightmare Factory tapings.  They showed up and did strong work and turned themselves from mainly Dark guys to Dynamite mainstays.  Hopefully things will be set up for them to get a tag title run when Trent gets back.

In the meantime, it wouldn’t surprise me to see Shawn Dean get a call-up to tag with Chuck, as that crew seems pretty fond of The Captain on BTE.

Edited by EVA
  • Like 4

Hell yeah to low key Best Friends greatness. From weekly solid matches to that parking lot brawl masterpiece, they were so consistent. Like the tag version of Hangman. 

Also, 

Screenshot2020122421.jpg

Merry Christmas, humans. Boom boom. 

• Thanks 1

Didn't Trent miss several months with a torn pec a few years ago when he was with NJPW?   Trent vs Juice for the US belt is an underrated great NJPW match as well.

Trent is the workhorse of that team and might be one of the top 5 guys AEW has overall.  A big loss.  Guess we get to see how Orange+Chuck do as a team.

Edited by alstein

Best Friends and Proud and Powerful had one of the best TV matches this year and have been generally killing it every time they go out to the ring, it’s a bummer the team has to take a break but the Bucks are probably going to hold the belts for a while so BF can come back even stronger in 2021 to make another run at the titles and maybe it’ll be their time then.

• Like 2

Best Friends have been awesome for a long fucking time.

Trent definitely missed a chunk of time a few years ago, around the "Trent is a heavyweight" time period, but I don't recall what the specific injury was.

• Like 4

Now with the recent death, I had put two, and two together with the child on Dark. Also some other things that happened in his last match made me think they were setting stuff up just in case he recovered. I’m thinking the spot were he helps get a bleeding Jon Silver to safety was a hint at a face turn.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

I was okay with laughing seeing the clips.  I sense that the opening of Raw and Dynamite will bring plenty of tears so it was nice to see again Brodie diving into this weird but fun gimmick on BTE.  And as much as I love Dark Order's stuff now I think there was something I liked more when they were fearing for their safety with Brodie around.  They were almost like lovable underlings that try as they might had various levels of failure when the boss was around.

Which kind of leads to what's next for Dark Order.  Disbanding might not be the best option but it's hard to see what direction they go down now.