DVDVR Message Board

AEW - DEC 2020

Dolfan in NYC

I'm starting to wonder if the size of the AEW roster is hindering their ability to see clearly the better potential 'TV' matches for Dynamite.  How are guys like Stu Grayson and Scorpio Sky being overlooked every week?  I'm wary of a second show, as more hours traditionally for professional wrestling promotions seems to mean mediocrity and madness, but there's far too many quality performers wasting away on some extended squash (when is it ever a good idea to water down a solid squash?) show called Dark that I rarely have any interest in watching.  That said, I'm hopeful this extra hour is a solid one and gets the better workers working in proper showcases regularly.  

• Like 2

"Yeah we lost, but at least we didn't lose to a bulldog." God. Damn. ? Hangman and Dark Order is really good stuff. It's the perfect rebound story for him. 

Ah yeah, Matt Hardy cut a pretty interesting promo in the middle of the goofiness. 

Also also, Acclaimed are "The John Cena Guys" now.

Edited by Jiji
  • Haha 3

Kaz referencing the best Christmas movie ever in the bathroom with Dark Order > everything

Statlander & OC have so much chemistry that it has people online questioning whether or not they're actually dating (they're not). Fantastic. I miss Statlander so much.

• Like 1

I wish things like that promo by Matt Hardy or some more of the stuff of Dark Order and Hangman would make it on to Dynamite. Or at least Dark. There are obviously some "stupid" bits on BTE that should stay on BTE, but I'd like to see some of that character-driven and storyline-progression stuff get elevated from BTE-obscurity to AEW-mainstream.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, EVA said:

LOL do you think shitting on the Jurassic Express name might have something to do with why Joey has never won a match on Dynamite?

Hard to know because he's also Joey Janela on top of openly shitting on the boss' idea. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

That was possibly the best episode of BTE ever.

I'd still give it to this:

Crying with laughter at THAT botch and everyone breaking character. 06:13 to 08:17.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Jiji said:

"Yeah we lost, but at least we didn't lose to a bulldog." God. Damn. ? Hangman and Dark Order is really good stuff. It's the perfect rebound story for him. 

Ah yeah, Matt Hardy cut a pretty interesting promo in the middle of the goofiness. 

Also also, Acclaimed are "The John Cena Guys" now.

This is a great rebound/in-between story for Hangman before he starts down the road of challenging Omega for the title. The Dark Order without Brodie are basically faces, with the exception of Evil Uno (who is more of a face on BTE, but was a total shithead to Dustin Rhodes on a recent episode). When Brodie comes back, you have the natural story of him and Hangman feuding over the direction of the Dark Order (lovable, goofy faces versus creepy cult members). Also, The Good, The Bad, and The Hungie should be the inaugural trios champions assuming they start the trios belt in 2021.

• Like 3

Oh shit hahahaha, watching BTE and Daniels pops up as a head to warn Katarina Kazarian, and I honestly pictured daniels as the disembodied genie head from pee wee Herman's playhouse, jamji or however it was supposed to be spelled, can't remember 

But daniels with blue paint granting Kazarian a wish as his genie on bte would be, strictly imo, the best thing hahahaha

Edited by Hayabusa
autocorrect correction
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hayabusa said:

Oh shit hahahaha, watching BTE and Daniels pops up as a head to warn Katarina, and I honestly pictured daniels as the disembodied genie head from pee wee Herman's playhouse, jamji or however it was supposed to be spelled, can't remember 

But daniels with blue paint granting Kazarian a wish as his genie on bte would be, strictly imo, the best thing hahahaha

Hahaha that Hardy promo. "I show up and they complain about me being old and make way for the young guys" ?

This week on Dark-

Bear Country vs. Jurassic Express

Tesha Price vs. ‘The Native Beast’ Nyla Rose

Sonny Kiss vs. Miro

WAITING ROOM w/ special guest SCU

Thunder Rosa vs. Jazmin Allure

Lee Johnson vs. Stu Grayson

KiLynn King vs. Alex Gracia

‘Pretty’ Peter Avalon vs. Mike Verna

Vertvixen vs. Red Velvet

Colt Cabana, 5 & 10 vs. Fuego Del Sol, Aaron Solow & Ray Jaz

Madi Wrenkowski vs. ‘Legit’ Leyla Hirsch