DVDVR Message Board

AEW - DEC 2020

Dolfan in NYC

37 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

Ibushi coming out to challenge Kenny might be the third-biggest pop you could pull off in AEW right now (if audiences were a factor, obv), but I think Okada gets a bigger reaction - storyline it's not as juicy but the implications of a stateside Omega/Okada would melt people. The biggest possible pop in current wrestling would be a CM Punk return but that ain't a fair comparison.

All of the biggest pops are for people not in the promotion? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Goodear said:

I get why this would be problematic for any other promotion, but the Nitro-esque "anyone could show up!" vibe is something very much missing from the WWE of today (or at least a couple of years ago when I watched) - it's not like TNA signing Rhino and pushing him straight to the world title, it's more of a complimentary addition to everything else going on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goodear said:

I would have put "Hangman Page beating Kenny" on the list but Kenny just won the belt. Big pops tend to be debuts, title changes, turns, slow-burn heel comeuppance and injury comebacks. I don't see any of those happening in the next month? The table is set for the Inner Circle breakup/shakeup but I'd imagine that would go MJF's way.

I have seen the latest TK/Schiavone "paid ad" that aired on Impact posted here yet so here you go.

"It's great to be on cable access TV!  Following this program, you will see the latest city council meeting."

"If you ask your Smart TV to put on AXS, it says, 'dude, why?'"   

Tremendous

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 7

On 12/15/2020 at 3:43 PM, The Green Meanie said:

When I was reading off the list of matches this week to my wife, and we came upon the name "Bear County" both of us went "are they the animal kind, or the other kind?" I'm hoping for the other kind.

Sadly, they ended up being neither kind. Still were impressive, though.

Also after reading that Freya is '6 and a history teacher, I'm all on board. Gimme a hoss tag team of her and that robot Jenna lady.

I'm sort of assuming Chris Daniels will retire in the next few months. I guess they'll use it to turn Kazarian heel, but I still hope they actually give him a proper out. They can probably get footage from Impact, and maybe some other places (NJPW would probably give up a Curry Man/Danielson clip if asked nicely), to do a good package. I think it would be good 'Started from the bottom now we're here' and 'this is the alternative history of professional wrestling' type stuff. He should be recognised.

Personally I'd like to see him strut out to Disposable Teens in his priestly robes, but I appreciate that's less likely. 

• Like 6

If they're doing an AEW vs Impact supershow, I hope we get Daniels and Kaz vs Suicide and Manik. There's a certain poetry to it, no?

• Like 2

On 12/16/2020 at 7:05 AM, AxB said:

No. Tope means headbutt. The Suicida refers to jumping out of the ring. Any dive out of the ring is called a Suicida. Over the top rope is a Con Giro.

Thanks for the info. However, when you're diving out of the ring through the ropes, you're not always going for headbutt. Often it's a cross body block. 

Here's a video about how I call certain dives. Don't miss the Bundy action figure's Space Flying Tiger Drop!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, AxB said:

If they're doing an AEW vs Impact supershow, I hope we get Daniels and Kaz vs Suicide and Manik. There's a certain poetry to it, no?

Id love Curry Man to get involved but that might be a bit trickier to pull off. But yeah, what the hell else is Austin Aries doing nowadays anyway?

• Like 1

Watched Dark all the way through for the first time this week after watching a few odd matches here and there. I really enjoyed it. Nothing too heavy, plenty of personality being shown by everyone, and only a few kick-outs. Here are my UFC Style Performance of the Night Awards, which have a cash value of DM$ 50,000, which is maybe six bob in real money.

1. Bear Boulder - Come on. Do I need to justify this one? Sign him now, he's already a Hossier Hoss than Brian Cage.
  2. Stu Grayson - Finally someone acts like a backbreaker might hurt their own knee.
  3. Leva Bates - An awkward as hell wrestler, but worth it for her face as she's hoping that whatever she's doing is about to come off. AND THEN IT DOES.
  4. Anna Jay - Another awkward wrestler, but with a top-notch "Imma Kick Your Ass" look.
  5. Peter Avalon - Commentary was fun all night. There's a clear difference between good natured joshing and people taking it personally that the Dark crew stay the right side of. Could have given this to any of them, but Pretty Peter snuck in the line of the night: "Yeah, maybe beat up some Koalas."
  • Like 2