DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2020 WRESTLING PHOTOS

Brilliant. Sasha Banks and Bayley tag team turned feud against each other was one of the high points of WWE in 2020 with the Tribal Chief Roman Reigns and the GOAT, Daniel Bryan. Bayley was WWE Smackdown Women's Champion for a year while holding the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship with Sasha Banks who went on to hold the WWE RAW Women's Championship at the same time.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, The Natural said:

Brilliant. Sasha Banks and Bayley tag team turned feud against each other was one of the high points of WWE in 2020 with the Tribal Chief Roman Reigns and the GOAT, Daniel Bryan. Bayley was WWE Smackdown Women's Champion for a year while holding the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship with Sasha Banks who went on to hold the WWE RAW Women's Championship at the same time.

if not for that silly 5 day Charlotte interregnum Bayley would've been champion for a year and a half.  I still think of the Smackdown Title as Bayley's Belt.

Heckling Michael Cole's commentary during her own matches makes her the MVP of the COVID/Performance Center era.

So there's this weird cognitive dissonance for me now because A] it's her belt and she needs to win it back the next time they run Bayley vs Banks, so B] that needs to be a long way away from now (at least Wrestlemania) so Banks can finally show what she can do with an actual proper title reign, and because Banks vs Bayley is still a money match specifically because they've avoided overdoing it, so C] Bayley needs something high profile to keep her busy until then, but D] while she's exactly the the sort of person they could use to elevate somebody new, she's also still too much of a star in her own right to just be a gatekeeper for Belair, unless E] PERISH THE THOUGHT she's looking to wrap it up early/scratch the baby itch and thus put someone else over strong on her way out, but barring that her losses should be very infrequent

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

if not for that silly 5 day Charlotte interregnum Bayley would've been champion for a year and a half.  I still think of the Smackdown Title as Bayley's Belt.

Heckling Michael Cole's commentary during her own matches makes her the MVP of the COVID/Performance Center era.

So there's this weird cognitive dissonance for me now because A] it's her belt and she needs to win it back the next time they run Bayley vs Banks, so B] that needs to be a long way away from now (at least Wrestlemania) so Banks can finally show what she can do with an actual proper title reign, and because Banks vs Bayley is still a money match specifically because they've avoided overdoing it, so C] Bayley needs something high profile to keep her busy until then, but D] while she's exactly the the sort of person they could use to elevate somebody new, she's also still too much of a star in her own right to just be a gatekeeper for Belair, unless E] PERISH THE THOUGHT she's looking to wrap it up early/scratch the baby itch and thus put someone else over strong on her way out, but barring that her losses should be very infrequent

Great post. Concur with everything you say. I really want Sasha Banks vs. Bayley to headline WrestleMania XXXVII. I think Bayley's the favourite to win the women's Royal Rumble 2021 match.

27 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

#FreePeyton

Since I'm bored let's say when her contract's up she went to AEW.  Would you have her with Shawn Spears or keep her separate to do her own thing.  I would think you would pair her with Billie when her contract's up also (still waiting on that sitcom) but it would be interesting to see Peyton's solo run elsewhere.

48 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Since I'm bored let's say when her contract's up she went to AEW.  Would you have her with Shawn Spears or keep her separate to do her own thing.  I would think you would pair her with Billie when her contract's up also (still waiting on that sitcom) but it would be interesting to see Peyton's solo run elsewhere.

oh I was just saying that in the context of getting her away from Evans

but as far as spitballing "K.C. Cassidy Is All Elite" ideas, I feel like wherever either IIconic goes, their strength lies in leaning into the posh bitch Mean Girl/Gossip Girl idea and using their mouth to instigate battles that other people end up having to fight while laughing at keeping their hands clean while weaseling their way up the card.

Like, remember "Just Joe" ?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ae/9f/e2/ae9fe2f90c4db55ee5d3ca30d3d52787.png

just going around, making up inflammatory shit letting people know what horrible things other people were saying behind their back in order to get rivals to tear each other apart?  WWE or AEW, solo or as the voice of a team/manager act, either one would be great for this.  Royce might be even better suited because vocally she's a little subtler/understated relative to Kay, thus sounds more plausible with the "no, look, I'm being serious, they're bragging to other people about how easily they've tricked you, calling you a big ol' dummy, I just thought you should know, but personally I wouldn't tolerate that if I were you" type of delivery.

meanwhile she gradually weasels up the rankings as her rivals destroy each other chasing her rumors, either in her own name or on behalf of whoever she's managing (Spears being an obvious choice both due to marriage and because they're already throwing every other idea at the wall with him in hopes it will stick).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The Natural said:

Great post. Concur with everything you say. I really want Sasha Banks vs. Bayley to headline WrestleMania XXXVII. I think Bayley's the favourite to win the women's Royal Rumble 2021 match.

I still think Charlotte is the favorite (eyeroll) but Bayley needs to win so she can main event mania against Sasha, and also so she can join Asuka as a super Grand Slam champion.

• Like 1