DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2020 WRESTLING TALK.

6 hours ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Didn't Ziggler date her?

I think they just had sex and then Schumer did a bit about how the sex was bad because Dolf did too much and couldn't slow down or take direction or something. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Roseanne and Tom Arnold? 

Roseanne's first show was legit funny and Tom Arnold was funny in True Lies.

Show me where Ziggler or Schumer has that type of work on their resume, is what I'd have to respond with.

• Like 3

See how the list of Wrestlers who have, in their whole careers, Wrestled for WWE, TNA/Impact, RoH and AEW is really short? We're one Young Bucks vs MCMGs rematch from Alex Shelley managing to do all four in one calendar year.

1 hour ago, AxB said:

See how the list of Wrestlers who have, in their whole careers, Wrestled for WWE, TNA/Impact, RoH and AEW is really short? We're one Young Bucks vs MCMGs rematch from Alex Shelley managing to do all four in one calendar year.

Honestly MCMG & TJP are the only male wrestlers in IMPACT I want to see in AEW.

The North could have good matches with a lot of the AEW Tag Division. By which I mean, Josh Alexander could have a good match while Ethan Page stood on the apron and looked smug about how good his partner was.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Wow, somehow Shelley appearing on NXT was completely off my radar - I may have to track that down. Then again, January was approximately 10 years ago, so I may have just completely forgotten.

Worth remembering is that Punk is a bit of a raconteur and while he doesn't generally lie outright he seems comfortable fudging with the details of a story a bit to make it funnier/more memorable/etc. I think most wrestlers are. Anyways, while I'm sure there is a specific true story about someone in WWE having a role of some sort that the company deep-sixed them on I would not necessarily expect all of the given details to be 100% accurate. Workers gonna work after all.

20 hours ago, Casey said:

so CM Punk was on Renee's podcast, and he mentioned that someone in WWE got a role on a TV show playing a wrestler because they knew someone in the company that was producing the show or something. Needless to say, WWE got a whiff of this and nixed it, and suggested John Cena instead and the rest is history. But what show did Cena appear on where he played a wrestler? I looked at his TV credits on Wikipedia - granted I don't know some of the shows, like the cartoons, and not well versed in Psych, but it didn't appear any of those roles were for a wrestling character. Maybe he meant a movie?

But yeah the clip I saw on YouTube was him questioning why it's okay for Xavier Woods to be a host on G4, but people can't have Twitch accounts - and I think the answer to that is pretty easy and obvious (WWE is getting a cut of it most likely).

One that came to my mind was John Cena on Parks and Recreation "The Johnny Karate Super Awesome Musical Explosion Show" (S7 Ep10)

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, AxB said:

Back when Seth was dating that racist homophobic lesbian nazi woman, I was trying to make a joke about how upset she'd be to find out he wasn't really called Rollins and everyone no-sold.

Lopez is his stepfather's name, so he's still white enough for the nazi lady.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Wow, somehow Shelley appearing on NXT was completely off my radar - I may have to track that down. Then again, January was approximately 10 years ago, so I may have just completely forgotten.

33 years ago. Here in the distant future there is no such thing as ice.

• Haha 1

There's def more than one time the office forced Cena into some media appearance or commercial campaign, but I'm fairly sure the specific example Punk was referring to was already mentioned. Under Armor wanted Shelton Benjamin for a commercial. WWE said no take Cena. Under Armor said nah we good and went on without a wrestler.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Back when I was at Golds years ago I would see that commercial all the time yet never made the connection to Cena until it was pointed out just now.

Oh, man, it's as goofy as I remember it!

Should be noted, Cena's career has come full circle.  If you see the newest Honda ads for the holiday season, you *might* recognize the voice over actor. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Should be noted, Cena's career has come full circle.  If you see the newest Honda ads for the holiday season, you *might* recognize the voice over actor. 

I had a feeling that was him.  He's come full circle indeed.

4 hours ago, Ryan said:

Lopez is his stepfather's name, so he's still white enough for the nazi lady.

I dunno, anyone who's that committed to White supremacy should surely never accept a man who was willing to stand by and allow a Latino man to get married to their mother. Even if he was, like, 3 years old when it happened.

Neo-Nazis being known for their inability to form rational thoughts and all.