DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2020 WRESTLING TALK.

13 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Drew McIntyre eliminating Brock Lesnar from the Royal Rumble to a huge ovation feels like it was about 5 years ago. 

This years  Mens Rumble was the most memorable moments of any in the Modern era, From Brock just having fun out there running through guys but giving guys a little shine up until Drew Eliminating him. Then Edge coming back to Drew finally winning. After over 30 year you expect certain things. Even though you get less certainty with whose winning in the Modern era because you have 2 Main Titles and more than one avenue to the WrestleMania main event its harder to really have an interesting Rumble especially with these forced spots Kofi avoiding elimination in impressive fashion but it takes me out of it that it happens every year 

6 hours ago, Zartan said:

I liked Natural more when he wasn’t the hogan_bot that went from always responding to posts about Hogan to just randomly posting the same “I have strong opinions about former WWF/WCW/WWE Champion Terry Bollea which you should PM me about. But I wanted to express them here too because I can't help myself” for literally no reason. 

I know times can be slow and this year sucks and yea Fuck Hulk but just meh. 

Team Natural's My Favourite Poster. I hope you reconsider the necessity of this post.

• Like 12

From some oblique comments JC made on the pod, I think there will prob be a Dark Side episode on Hellwig, since he was referencing some of the lawsuits with him vs Vince (or vice versa). 

Edited by odessasteps
Typo fixed

Hi,

Hideki Suzuki, Takatoshi Matsumoto and Takuya Nomura are three pro-wrestlers who've caught my eye and are 3 guys who've gotten me interested in Japanese pro-wrestling again.

Would signing up for BJW CORE, WRESTLE UNIVERSE and Niconico be a good idea to follow these three?

@D.Z or someone please clue me in.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

Hi,

Hideki Suzuki, Takatoshi Matsumoto and Takuya Nomura are three pro-wrestlers who've caught my eye and are 3 guys who've gotten me interested in Japanese pro-wrestling again.

Would signing up for BJW CORE, WRESTLE UNIVERSE and Niconico be a good idea to follow these three?

@D.Z or someone please clue me in.

Thanks.

WrestleUniverse, BJW CORE and Niconico yeah.

After all the legal acrimony between Jerry and Glenn I think he'd have rather sawed his own leg off in his basement workshop then give up the rights to that name. If you're not a fan it's hard to imagine just how shocked we were to see they could work together again at all for these last couple years. By that point I don't even think WCW's lawyers could have done anything -- Jerry's dad runs/ran the biggest X-Acto competitor in the country so they had the money to fight it too.

The Natural is a great guy, always takes me down memory lane with his posts in comic book movies forum, touching on anniversaries of series and movies, highlights the various costumes designs, even the sneak peak at upcoming projects 

I've been using the movie anniversaries posts to revisit some of those movies with my family, zoom viewing parties and reminiscing on our first impressions of some movies and TV shows, the theories we remembered about casting choices or easter egg cameos

With the pandemic forcing us to stay in, revisiting the mcu and dcu with my family has been a blast over the last couple months (plus a good way to try and stay mentally sane) and legit if it weren't for Naturals movie anniversaries posts we probably wouldn't have remembered half of them and missed out on some fun viewing parties. 

I have strong opinions about former grandslam Champion Terry Bollea, not to be confused with terry crews or terri runnels, who i legit idolized as kid, which is ironic like a tonic, and you should PM me about my upcoming newsletter Hulkster and Me: How the childhood hero became a zero. But I wanted to express them here too (sweet!) because I can't help myself when it comes crashing down and it hurts inside, i'd love for the Sheik to break his back and make him humble 

Edited by Hayabusa
  • Like 5

I like @The Natural and think he is a nice guy, but I also get what @Zartanmeans as it can get tiresome seeing him post in every thread his opinion on Hogan and I don't think it would have offended him or anyone else if you would have asked in a nicer way maybe.

Also, keep in mind there's a block button. You can simply block someone if their posts bother you.

2020 sucks enough already, let's try and live in peace on here as this is one of the few places some of us can use an escape from the real world for a while.

Edited by Edwin

Going back to the wrestling talk.

Watching post 2008 ROH and that stuff feels so dry and uninteresting. I can't pinpoint exactly why but it feels different to the 2008 product. I loved the Danielson and Nigel series, the Danielson and Aries series, etc., the Briscoes, but after 2008, it just seemed like a different product entirely and their matches don't connect with me to the same degree their matches from the previous years do.

3 minutes ago, twiztor said:

@The Naturalis one of my favorite posters. We share many of the same interests and outlooks. Cheers!

changing the subject, recommend me some 80s or 90s battle royals to watch. no Royal Rumbles, please. good, bad, or indifferent. i've got a quiet weekend ahead of me.

It's 2001 (Are we really coming up on 20 years since WCW died?) but Test just booting people's heads off to keep his spot in the roster post InVasion was pretty sweet.

I actually thought they were going to finally push him to the top of the card...

Edited by L_W_P