DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

The WWE Network is never going to happen. Vince is too stubborn go about the normal way of getting a low rent cable channel on the air. He thinks the name WWE is up there with NFL and MLB and it should be treated as such. In reality, the WWE network if it did happen would probably be on par with the Reelz channel.

I still say they should just drop the idea of a channel, and move onto a Netflix style streaming services channel. Since TV in general is moving in that direction anyway. 

Plus, I'm tired of the small doses of Nitro, and RAW they give you on their On Demand service, and would rather have the entire catalog of episodes at my disposal. 

So... WWE on Demand?

not surprising, since Simmons and Shoemaker talked about doing a Von Erich 30 for 30 on the BS report a few weeks ago.

Do they not know there have already been 2 documentaries on World Class?

Honestly, I'm much more interested in seeing what someone who's not in the business can do with this story.

not surprising, since Simmons and Shoemaker talked about doing a Von Erich 30 for 30 on the BS report a few weeks ago.

Honestly, I'm much more interested in seeing what someone who's not in the business can do with this story.

Aren't Kevin's kids wrestling now? I could see family name redemption angle how the kids could break the curse and such.

Aren't Kevin's kids wrestling now? I could see family name redemption angle how the kids could break the curse and such.

I think it really depends on which director they attach to it.  I've only seen 1 or 2 30 for 30's that I didn't think were amazing, so there is little chance that this won't be great.

Cant wait for the board to go wild about AJ's weight and how shes too skinny blah blah blah

SD_739_Photo_051.jpg

Sexy? Tho that was a month ago. Good match.

Also, can someone give me a feasible argument for Taker vs Sting? Not an interesting match up, wouldn't draw more than your usual Taker match and sure as hell wouldn't be good match.

Cant wait for the board to go wild about AJ's weight and how shes too skinny blah blah blah

SD_739_Photo_051.jpg

Sexy? Tho that was a month ago. Good match.

In fairness, it looks like they took that picture at a point where she was outstretched/sucking her stomach in.  Also, she's never been a big girl.

It's not totally absurd that a woman in WWE could have an eating disorder, you know.

Aside from the aforementioned McCool thing, these are the same people who dragged Maria into the office early on in her run and told her to drop a few pounds because she looked fat. And the whole Piggie James thing which was basically a way for WWE to pressure Mickie to lose weight.

I remember Kristal Marshall flat out out admitting she just didn't eat ever when she was on the road (think about that for a minute.)

The real surprise may be that more girls there aren't developing issues considering the mentality there.

• Like 1

Has anyone ever been to one of the Anarchy Wrestling shows in North Georgia? Is it worth driving down to see?

In addition to what the previous posters have said, it's gone through two ownership changes, I believe Behrens and Todd Sexton both book Anarchy now, from reading Larry Goodman's reviews, the shows have been pretty good so you should enjoy it. 

Also, can someone give me a feasible argument for Taker vs Sting? Not an interesting match up, wouldn't draw more than your usual Taker match and sure as hell wouldn't be good match.

Not at Wrestlemania, at least. If they can do it at at different PPV, sure, why not? But if they do actually sign Sting when his TNA contract runs out, I think they'd be better off giving Sting a Wrestlemania match further down the card with someone like Jericho.

It's not totally absurd that a woman in WWE could have an eating disorder, you know.

Aside from the aforementioned McCool thing, these are the same people who dragged Maria into the office early on in her run and told her to drop a few pounds because she looked fat. And the whole Piggie James thing which was basically a way for WWE to pressure Mickie to lose weight.

I remember Kristal Marshall flat out out admitting she just didn't eat ever when she was on the road (think about that for a minute.)

The real surprise may be that more girls there aren't developing issues considering the mentality there.

I don't think it's impossible at all.  The girls are under alot of pressure.  I just think alot of times people go looking to create an issue when there isn't one.