DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night on ESPN 18: Smith vs. Clark (11/28/2020) - Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Elsalvajeloco

En7JWcrVgAA4418.jpeg?1606595709

UFC Fight Night on ESPN 18: Smith vs. Clark
November 28, 2020
Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Anthony Smith (205) vs. Devin Clark (204.5) - Smith, SUB (triangle choke), R1 (2:34)
Miguel Baeza (171) vs. Takashi Sato (170) - Baeza, SUB (arm triangle choke), R2 (4:28)
Josh Parisian (265.5) vs. Parker Porter (263) - Porter, DEC (unanimous)
Spike Carlyle (145.5) vs. Bill Algeo (146) - Algeo, DEC (unanimous)
Ashlee Evans-Smith (135.5) vs. Norma Dumont (139.5)* - Dumont, DEC (unanimous)
Jonathan Pearce (145.5) vs. Kai Kamaka III (145) - Pearce, TKO (punches), R2 (4:28)

ESPN+ Preliminary Card:
Martin Day (135.5) vs. Anderson dos Santos (135) - Dos Santos, SUB (rear naked choke), R1 (4:35)
Gina Mazany (125.5) vs. Rachael Ostovich (125.5) - Mazany, TKO (strikes), R3 (4:10)
Su Mudaerji (126) vs. Malcolm Gordon (126) - Mudaerji, KO (punches), R1 (0:44)
Luke Sanders (140) vs. Nathan Maness (139.5) - Maness, SUB (rear naked choke), R2 (2:29)

*Forfeits 30% of purse for missing weight

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the Night: Nathan Maness
Performance of the Night: Su Mudaerji
Performance of the Night: Miguel Baeza
Performance of the Night: Anthony Smith

Rating: 1.055 million viewers

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

23 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

Anthony Smith vs. Devin Clark is new Main event 

Didn't see what fight will move from the prelims to the main card to give it 5 fights. 

The main card is gonna be six fights with Evans-Smith vs. Dumont and Kai Kamaka III vs. Jonathan Pearce added.

• Like 1

• Elsalvajeloco changed the title to UFC Fight Night on ESPN 18: Smith vs. Clark (11/28/2020) - Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Jesus.  35 pounds is a lot of weight to cut, especially since she started off at 170 and had to get down to 155 and stabilize before cutting even more weight.

Edited by J.T.

I'm still of the mind that these absurd weight cuts do far more harm in the long run than any in-ring injuries. I'll admit, I'm an old PRIDE guy, fuck the weight differences, let 'em fight! You never heard Volk Han or Genki Sudo bitching about being out-weighed, did you now?

40 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Norma Dumont pretty much used Ashlee Evans-Smith as a 135 pound punching bag/grappling dummy. It was pretty damn one-sided.

Norma looked really good.  I feel badly that her inability to make weight will probably throw a bit of shade on her performance.

• Like 1

I am genuinely surprised that this will see a third round.  I am also surprised that there is enough oxygen left in the octagon for anyone else to breathe as Porter and Parisian sucked up most of it while they were on the mat.

Parisian has a head made of iron and stubborn legs.  He refuses to drop.  Of all the fights that may go the distance tonight, that is one I didn't expect to see the final bell. 

Edited by J.T.

Two fights on the main card end at the exact same time in the exact same round...that's peculiar.

Anyway, looks like Miguel Baeza is a name to watch at 170.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco
  • Like 1

Well, Anthony Smith was able to to get off the schneid with a slick looking triangle choke. I'm kinda glad because his future UFC prospects weren't looking too good heading into this fight. He still has an uphill battle when it comes to the class of the division and against the newer crop of guys though. 

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

On 11/29/2020 at 12:36 AM, Elsalvajeloco said:

Two fights on the main card end at the exact same time in the exact same round...that's peculiar.

Anyway, looks like Miguel Baeza is a name to watch at 170.

I was extremely impressed with Baeza.  Solid fighter with a very high fight IQ.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1