DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 11/25/2020

Dolfan in NYC

The KO show segment was kind of fun though a bit more main roster style than I want in NXT. Also didn't feel necessary to set up a triple threat. We had more than enough last week. Despite my complaints I did like if only for the end with Regal.

I continue to enjoy Grimes as character, especially him just almost sadly asking why Regal hates him.

I have no idea what is going on with Xia and Boa. 

Ember looked great against Candice. Not sure about Toni's turn. It feels random with no real sensible reasons behind it. At the same time you could totally se it coming, and it feels like Toni should have come in a heel in the first place with Ember taking up the returning face spot. The attack on Rhea and Io was nice stage setting for War Games. Still i wish we had seen some of shotzi tryign to form a team before all of this.

Dunne/O'Reilly could have used a bit more selling, but I loved how they managed to work their styles around a ladder match. It made for something a bit different from the norm, but still pretty damn brutal.

Sadly Owens wasn't a great stand-in for Wade though I did think he was pretty solid during the main event. I also enjoyed his annoyance at Ever Rise getting jumped by Grizzled Young Vets.

I will admit to not really getting Toni Storm (obv she fine), but I'm not sure the heel turn helps anyone much - I sort of feel sorry for Kai, as she has ended up being overshadowed by LeRae and Gonzalez despite being a pretty decent heel.  She may surprise us all ofc, it happens, but I'm not expecting much from Storm just yet. I think she's got potential, but I'm not sure, frankly, she's TV-ready.

6 hours ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

I will admit to not really getting Toni Storm (obv she fine), but I'm not sure the heel turn helps anyone much

My Favourite Toni Storm match in NXT UK was where she went cocky, too good for Candy Floss in a glorified squash. Beats watching her trying to express any other human emotions.

Edited by DangerMark

If a few years ago, you'd have told a Wrestling fan that a show would have Timothy Thatcher vs Kushida AND Kyle O'Reilly vs Pete Dunne, they'd think that show would be the talk of the business for months. But it happened, and nobody seems particularly bothered.

Great episode this week!

WTF, Toni? Well, there's the heel turn I was suspecting! Anyway, considering how last time went, I'm pretty sure Candice will make sure that Dakota Kai is the FIRST one to enter for her team. Great build up for this one, throughout the show.

I want to see Thatcher vs Ciampa! Thatcher-Kushida was splendid mat wrestling, however!

Man, Pat took a few hits and kicks last week and decided to sit this one out! What a magnificent douche!

Pete Dunne looks F'N amazing. The weight he lost was apparently found by Jordan Devlin on NXT UK, and he failed to return it. The main event was something else ( which is to say, exactly what you would expect), I wonder who THIS masked man was? Not Pat, obviously?

Speaking of NXT UK, the GYV are back! Weird that they would attack Ever Rise, but point made, regardless!

Leon Ruff story is interesting, I wonder if he'll be taking the spot Leo Rush left open? Heh, even their names are similar.

They say War Games is a PPV, or am I imagining things?

Grimes vs Atlas was a match, but the Lumis thing isn't blown off yet, apparently.

I'd be shocked if Stallion is the one to beat Escobar, but it's a fresh match, that's for sure!

Regal saying two teams of 4, you know how this goes, was funny, true and awesome!

This made me almost forget the shitty work week, but not quite. Need to watch some of it again!

• Like 1

My favorite long term WWE story telling is how Regal and Dunne just glare each other like they are seconds away from throwing down.

Has been a constant since the moment Dunne showed up in the WWE

• Like 9