DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 11/25/2020

Shit yeah, the true workhorses of AEW, our boys Blade and Bunkhouse Butch win a Dynamite main event! Moving up the rankings, daddy! 

Babyface Archer with the save! Continuity! This whole thing was just fantastic as hell. 

Elsewhere, man they packed a ton into this show. So much to digest. Not sure how I feel about the Taz/Cody angle. Like that was a very well executed segment of a type of angle that I don’t want AEW to run ever. What is TK gonna wrestle Taz now? Stop it. No shooty stuff, no execs on camera, no mentions of execs on camera. Just no.

Hobbs with the Worlds Strongest Slam finish was note perfect. So good.

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 8

EVERYBODY DIIIIIIIES~! the theme is BACK! I was wondering who could make the save then the Archer apperance got me totally pumped for that awesome chaotic closing segment. I am here for Archer vs Kingston for sure. 

Enjoyed the Cody/Taz segment. Thought Top Flight vs Hybrid 2 was real fun and cool to finally see TH2 do something/get a win on Dynamite, same for Butcher & Blade. I dig Jericho/Hager as a team and I'm still a fan of SCU, so I'm looking forward to Jericho vs Kazarian next week. Kazarian's always one of my favs so I hope to see him have another shining performance there. Liked the little build up video for Shida/Anna Jay, good solid little match that the crowd there seemed hot for. Shida matches are always one of my highlights. Looking forward to Winter is Coming.

• Like 3

First things first: Archer got his old music back! 

That match was awesome, and I absolutely loved the pairing of Fenix/Pac. I assume they're building to a trios which will also kick ass. I really liked it when Butcher just knocked Fenix out of the air on that dropkick

I'm not un-excited for Mox/Omega, but im finding the whole "old Kenny" and "Kenny they think you are" thing a little meh. Just not grabbing me. But, I guess on the flip side, they must think theyve got another really great match in them if they're giving it that kind of hype, so I'm fully prepared to happily eat my words.

I'm still kinda weird on the Hobbs/FTW pairing. I am with those who said last week there was more mileage left on him as a babyface. I didn't love the whole "shoot" aspect with Taz promo but I sure marked out for the Tazmission so call it even I guess

• Like 3

Somewhere in the multiverse that main event match/angle happened in 1987 and when the Winter is Coming Tour hits Baton Rouge on Friday night, Death Triangle and Archer take on Kingston, Butcher, Blade and Friend of Eddie Kingston The One Man Gang inside Blood and Guts. Tickets available at the box office or your nearest Kaybee Toys

• Like 7

You forgot the best part: Abadon LICKED THE BELT. The look on Shida's face was priceless. (BTW, that knee to finish was weak as hell)

I felt like JR when Archer showed up, but if it's got continuity that I just can't remember, cool. 

The Taz thing is as lame as it gets. Cody really wrote himself into a program with Taz?! Who knows about that kid anyway, and who cares? 

And guess what I was wrong about

8 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

B&B are never gonna win a match, are they?

Was surprised that The Butcher and the Blade vs PAC and Fenix was the main event since Butcher and Blade have been treated like a jobber to the stars team from the beginning.

I think most people assumed they’d lose. I certainly did, so I wonder if that will impact ratings.

But I’m very happy they got the win. They’re a good tag team, one of the most physically imposing, and have one of the best looks.

I sincerely hope this is the beginning of them being booked better.

Lance Archer coming out for the save was interesting and unexpected.

John Moxley’s beat down and promo on Omega was great. Kenny Omega’s promo was cringe.

I liked the video package for the women’s title, I think it was helpful for Shida who doesn’t appear super comfortable speaking English. And it helped build up the match that was obviously thrown together at the last minute (I think the only win on Dynamite I think she had relatively recently was the special late night episode of Dynamite over Brandi).

I liked the Taz and Cody segment. Interested to see where it goes.

The inner circle cheating excessively to win and then attacking Kazarian for the sucker punch was great.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Natural said:

The shadow looked so much taller than Omega at first I thought it was Archer and was wondering if they were going to make it a triple threat, so they could have the one on one at the ppv.

Guess I’ve watched too much WWE.