DVDVR Message Board

Beyond: Two Souls

I think I'm the only one on the board that's in the camp that believes David Cage is one of the biggest hacks in the gaming industry.

You guys are all crazy.

I would be inclined to agree. David Cage is not really a 'gamer,' so anything that is presented in his games don't really fit with everyone else's ideas of a great game.

He tries (I would say too much) in taking what he puts in his games from films. However, he does assume his audience are adults, so there's none of this lowest common denominator crap or efforts to be like COD.

So, I'm the only one playing this?

ANhyways, turns out a bug lets you access the developers' "free camera mode" and you can see CGI nudity on Ellen Page, so she's getting ready to sue.

I am sure that the argument against Page's claim will be "it's not really her body," but that shit is kinda stupid.  The tech available to today's CGI guys and animators is insane and with the right production budget, the imagery will be damn near lifelike and physically accurate.

If I were Ellen, I'd at least run a lawsuit up the flagpole to see what a judge says.  This shit will come up again sooner or later to some other actress.

To be honest, I'm surprised this sort of thing didn't happen during the development of the new Tomb Raider joint.