DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2020 - WEEK TEN

RIPPA

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

4 Steelers including Big Ben have been placed on the COVID list

At least with Ben it is because he was a close contact and not because he tested positive 

But because this is Ben...close contact with what and who needs to be asked.

• Haha 7

The NFL owners approved the 16 team playoff contingency plan

This will only come into play if the season ends with not all teams having played 16 games. It is a little unclear how many teams have not have full seasons and if it only applies to playoff contender teams

Some are saying that this is Plan C as Plan B appears to still be add an extra week to the end of the season.

Reminder that next week is the last week of byes.

Also the owners the plan they hope will lead to more minority coaching and front office hirings

Meanwhile, owners finalized a 10-month discussion aimed at boosting the likelihood that teams will seek out, consider and hire minority coaching and executive candidates. They approved a resolution to reward teams with draft picks if one of their minority coaches or personnel people is hired to be a head coach or general manager.

In the spring, they briefly considered a plan that would reward teams that made the hires. Ultimately, they decided to incentivize an expansion of the candidate pool. Moving forward, teams will receive two third-round compensatory draft picks if someone from their organization is hired or promoted to a head-coaching or general manager job.

Now a couple of points of clarity - the team receiving the draft picks would get one pick over the next two or three years (depending on how many minority candidates they have hired).

Also - the person being hired has to be with his current club a certain amount of time (I wanna say it is a minimum 2 years). So teams can't just hire a bunch of guys and then hope they get hired by someone else next week just to get the draft pick

23 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Ben's faked so many injuries that I wouldn't put it past him to fake getting Covid just out of sheer habit.

Yeah, this was my thought, too. 

Your weird scheduling quirk of the week

Assuming there are no last minute changes due to COVID

There are 5 1 pm kickoffs and 6 4 pm kickoffs

All the 1 pm games are on FOX. The late afternoon are split 3/3 between FOX and CBS

This is due to CBS airing the Masters during the early afternoon

42 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

In the latest pretend everything is completely normal move

The Weekend has been announced as the Super Bowl halftime act

There are only two E's in his name, dad.  ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Travis Sheldon said:

I don't know your grandmother, but you can't deny this song is a banger...

I dunno if I want a full album of that but that song is great.

And to continue my theme from last week about how you can't compare eras - Philip Rivers just passed Dan Marino for 5th on the all time passing yards list

Though to be fair - Marino and Rivers isn't that bad of a comp. It is at least way better than Montana and fucking Joe Flacco

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tabe said:

I dunno if I want a full album of that but that song is great.

I bought Starboy mainly because Daft Punk was on some of the songs.  Heck, I still love "I feel it coming" even though the music video got dark at the end.

Wait, if this means Daft Punk takes part in the halftime show then we might shit bricks over here.

As for football Montana deserved better than to be eclipsed by Flacco.  I don't particularly hate him but he's become a laughing stock around here despite his years with the Ravens.

Josh Norman tested positive for COVID-19 and won't travel with Buffalo to Arizona

This will probably improve the Bills secondary

The problem is that TE Tyler Kroft was deemed a close contact with Norman and he too is out for Sunday's game. (Two other players will also have to miss the game)

• Like 1