DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

I'm guessing that Osiris will keep to the Infinite Forest to avoid being kacked by some rando now that Sagira is gone and Osiris is one bullet or one bad respiratory infection away from permanent death.  

4 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I'm guessing that Osiris will keep to the Infinite Forest to avoid being kacked by some rando now that Sagira is gone and Osiris is one bullet or one bad respiratory infection away from permanent death.  

Oh you didn't watch the trailer for this season did you?

You will be infuriated

EDIT - Plus the Infinite Forest is gone since Mercury was consumed by the Darkness

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Didn't think about it beforehand, but with the Infinite Forest gone I wonder if they will try something different for the Spring and Halloween events next year.

What's funny is as I was writing my response to JT - I realized the same thing

They have a little bit of time since the next thing they do is that thing that takes place in the EAZ.

Part of me wonders if they will have updated it enough to bring back at least the Forest for Halloween next year

47 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh you didn't watch the trailer for this season did you?

You will be infuriated

EDIT - Plus the Infinite Forest is gone since Mercury was consumed by the Darkness

I think I will defer to ignorance and spare myself hours of rage.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I will just say that your least favorite character (or at least one of them) is back

Can you really say he is back considering he is basically a completely different person? Not even sure the voice actor is the same.

Are you both tag-team posting to pique my interest so I will watch the damn trailer to figure out what you guys are cryptically talking about and then stomp off in rage to find stuff to break?

53 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Are you both tag-team posting to pique my interest so I will watch the damn trailer to figure out what you guys are cryptically talking about and then stomp off in rage to find stuff to break?

Honestly - you should be able to figure it out if you just think back to earlier events of D2 (or look at the last couple of pages of the old thread)

Yeah, I have heard that Variks manages to pull a fucking Karma Houdini just like Uldren did when he was made a Risen, and now Uldren is finally The Crow and is working with the Guardians.

I also heard that there was some BS Mary Sue explanation given for Rasputin pretty much luring all of the Iron Lords to their deaths with the SIVA Project and now All Is Forgiven..

If I hadn't quit when I did, I probably would've If I had personally suffered through all of that craptastic end lore from the Season Of The Worthy.

This game can bite my ass.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, I have heard that Variks manages to pull a fucking Karma Houdini just like Uldren did when he was made a Risen, and now Uldren is finally The Crow and is working with the Guardians.

I also heard that there was some BS Mary Sue explanation given for Rasputin pretty much luring all of the Iron Lords to their deaths with the SIVA Project and now All Is Forgiven..

If I hadn't quit when I did, I probably would've If I had personally suffered through all of that craptastic end lore from the Season Of The Worthy.

This game can bite my ass.

Spoiler

Honestly the story of Varicks' return is good. He also isn't so much forgiven/moved on as he is on work release from the Guardians and Awoken. He is supposedly willing to be punished as he apparently did not realize Cayde would be a casualty of his actions.

The Crow is actually not working with the Guardians directly. He is kind of the Spider's bitch at the moment with no idea of his past. 

And yeah like EVA said they didn't pull any bs at all with Rasputin. He was super pissed at the Traveler taking his kid away and straight up did not give a fuck who suffered from his wrath back then.

2 hours ago, EVA said:

I think you maybe misheard/misread that last bit.  The lore confirms that Rasputin straight up murdered them with malicious intent!

But then there was some empathy bullshit going on between Rasputin and Felwinter and some crap about imprinting and feelings of remorse or some nonsense. 

I am not even going to lie and say that I understand the entire plot or even care about what's going on.

Edited by J.T.

Its really not even a question. That shit is way the hell harder than the Corrupted. The final fight was already one of the most difficult boss fights. Add in Champions to the already hunting your ass down Hydras & Harpies and that horror is what we get.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Holy Fuck! The Glassway as an Ordeal - even on just Adept - might have just supplanted The Corrupted as hardest fucking strike

I hope you guys are talking about the Malfeasance version of The Corrupted.  

The normal version is a cakewalk if you aren't rolling with idiots that insist on tossing uncharged relics.

The Ordeal version can be taxing on patience if your elemental barrier breakers aren't on point.  After the auto rifle buff, I always packed Hard Light for such occasions.  The elevator and the first boss phase are (once again) only an issue if no one bothers to charge relics before using them.

The Scarlet Keep strike was far more problematic for me than The Corrupted.  If you are with a team that can one phase Sedia or Hashladûn, you'll be done in no time flat.  Most of the players I ran with before I quit were always geared up to one phase those bosses and our tactics usually solid.

I keep forgetting, Rippa, that you weren't on the fireteam where I unlocked the triumph for one phasing Sedia during a 100K Nightfall and I am sorry I can't be there with you to fire the miracle Celestial Nighthawk buffed GG shot that I did on that run.

Edited by J.T.

I am assuming the will explain a little more in the TWIB but Stasis (especially for Warlocks) has already been nerfed

Spoiler

DESTINY 2 HOTFIX 3.0.0.3
0h - Destiny Dev Team
COMBAT 
WEAPONS 
Fixed an issue where the Coriolis Force Fusion Rifle was getting more ammo than intended from ammo bricks. 
Fixed an issue where the Witherhoard damage debuff wasn't being removed properly. 
Witherhoard has now been re-enabled. 
 ABILITIES 

Stasis  
Fixed exploits with the Warlock Shadebinder Super. 
Stasis breakout damage reduced (110->90hp).   
Adjusted the curve that reduces breakout damage using Resilience.  
Increased the damage reduction effect Resilience has so that higher tiers of Resilience are more valuable.   
Caps out at 90 Resilience.  
Penumbral Blast (Stasis Warlock melee) projectile speed reduced by 20%.  
Penumbral Blast (Stasis Warlock melee) range reduced (was 28m now 16m).  
Winter’s Wrath (Stasis Warlock Super) duration reduced (was 30s now 24s).  
Winter’s Wrath light attack (Stasis Warlock Super) cost reduced (was 5% per burst, now 4.5% per burst).  
Cold Snap seeker speed reduced by 23%. 

Against Guardians:  
Cold Snap freeze duration lowered (was 4.75s now 1.35s).  
Ice Flare Bolts freeze duration lowered (was 4.75s now 1.35s).  
Penumbral Blast (Stasis Warlock melee) freeze duration lowered (was 4.75s now 1.35s).  
Winter’s Wrath heavy attack (Stasis Warlock Super) no longer affects players who are not encased. 
GAMEPLAY AND INVESTMENT 
REWARDS 
Fixed an issue where Pinnacle rewards were not dropping at the correct Power. 
Fixed an issue where several repeatable bounties were providing more XP than intended. 
ACTIVITIES 
Fixed an issue on Exodus Crash where the Spider Tank wasn't spawning. 
Exodus Crash has been re-enabled. 
GENERAL 
Fixed an issue that was causing ARUGULA errors.  
Fixed an issue where Fragment pursuits were purchasable with a full inventory. 

The fact that the freeze duration against Guardians was fucking almost 5 seconds was absurd

The breakout damage for freeze still seems on the high side, but if resistance is helping it might be fine.

Not at all shocked at the freeze duration during Crucible. It was obvious they hadn't really bothered to balance stasis out for PvP at all in the few games I played.

Warlocks must have been ridiculously strong with all the nerfs their stasis abilities got.

58 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Warlocks must have been ridiculously strong with all the nerfs their stasis abilities got.

Their stasis abilities plus Necrotic grips had basically broken the game (and that isn't even counting for if you also were using Thorn)

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The fact that the freeze duration against Guardians was fucking almost 5 seconds was absurd

I imagine that the wailing and gnashing of teeth is plentiful in the Warlock community today.

I don't understand why Bungie devs still have no concept of time when it comes to PvP.   Five seconds of free activity in PvP is huge, especially if there is no retaliation and as you mentioned before, it is even worse if you add DoT damage on top of your direct damage.

Edited by J.T.

That was a tough one.  I stumbled across a cheese by accident though:  You can stand on the pipes that run across the wall to the left and right side of the entrance-side platform.  The melee adds cant touch you, and you’re mostly out of range of the servitors’ aggro, so they won’t fire at you most of the time.

Kidris can still freeze you, but you’re in no danger of being ganged by anything that can kill you or, even more annoyingly, getting frozen mid-jump and falling to your death.

Edited by EVA