DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

Really annoyed when they make us do shit we don't remotely normally do for bounties. The sniper rifle kills part of the IB bounty just pisses me off since I damn near never use them. They could have at least kept the kill count low at 5 or something. I can't hit shit half the time unless I crouch. 

In more IB bounty bullshit news why don't we make a large number of melee kills one of the IB quest steps knowing damn well we designed one class to have no one shot melee abilities outside of one that requires a precision hit.

Edit: As annoying as that was I do have to admit it its way the fuck easier than the sniper kills step. I just hate having to go kamikaze. At least the shotgun step is part of the melee step. The shotgun melee combo goes well together though again its very suicidal.

It would be the that one quest step that isn't retroactive is the one I have already done multiple times today and yesterday.

Edited by Eivion

Oh IB is still so broken its infuriating

The spawns are so stupid now. "Hey - let's drop you right where 3 enemies are standing!"

Not to mention the bullshit where I was one punched killed when I had my super.

Oh I am a dope

Ikora teasing that there has already been "issues" with some Guardians using the Darkness reminded me that that is how they can fill time throughout the rest of this year

EDIT

Of course it could just be a cute Easter Egg to make an ode to how broken Stasis made the Crucible

Holy fuck.  They are just now identifying the glitch that allows you to push raid bosses off of ledges?   How do they think we beat the Templar all those years in D1?

A group of "unknowns" won the World's First on the Vault of Glass Raid/Challenge

Also saved Bungie a world of trouble because apparently the 2nd place team had a blatantly racist dude in its squad

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Also saved Bungie a world of trouble because apparently the 2nd place team had a blatantly racist dude in its squad

Update - racist dipshit has been banned and Bungie wiped his name from the group when showing their World's 2nd (Since he was using his user name to... express his views)

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Update - racist dipshit has been banned and Bungie wiped his name from the group when showing their World's 2nd (Since he was using his user name to... express his views)

This was front page news at Kotaku.  I personally would've banned his entire clan.  He can't be the only dipshit racist in the group.  He's just the one dumb enough and emboldened enough to put his hate on his gamertag.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

This was front page news at Kotaku.  I personally would've banned his entire clan.  He can't be the only dipshit racist in the group.  He's just the one dumb enough and emboldened enough to put his hate on his gamertag.

Yeah - I had similar thoughts.

Because if nothing else they all could see what he was doing and were "Yup - this is fine"

Poking around the full list (Through the Challenge mode which was required for the World's First)

Gladd/Sweatcicle's team finished 12th

Datto's team was 25th

Esoterickk's team took about 9 1/2 hours

Aztecross' team was just under 12 hours

I know Fallout says they finished in the first 24 hours but it took them forever and a day

The first XBOX clear was 17th overall

The first Playstation clear wasn't "until" 97th overall

There must be some new shit involved in the raid if Datto finished 25th.  Either that or they wiped to the Gorgons or everyone wend blind during the Oracle portal fights a million times like we did back in the day.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

There must be some new shit involved in the raid if Datto finished 25th.  Either that or they wiped to the Gorgons or everyone wend blind during the Oracle portal fights a million times like we did back in the day.

Sounds like they altered the mechanics a little along with additions of champions and Wyverns, which are among the strongest enemies in the game. Even red bar versions are realistically mini-bosses.

Edited by Eivion

I know with the Oracles they changed it that you had to destroy them in the order they appeared.

Plus - you had to complete the Raid AND Challenge Mode for World's First

In Challenge Mode - there were random things that had to be done but they didn't describe them. Folks had to figure them out on their own.

I believe this is the full list

Spoiler

Confluxes

Do not defeat the Wyverns until they begin sacrificing.

Oracles

Guardians must rotate Oracles, you are only able to destroy the same Oracle once.

Templar

Do not allow the Templar to teleport during DPS phase

(amended from ‘a different Guardian per Oracle’ - Cross checking this as there are differing reports)

Gatekeepers

Wyvern and Minotaur must be defeated at the same time

Atheon

When inside the portal (Mars/Venus), each player must take an Oracle each, same person cannot destroy more than 1 Oracle. There are 3 sets of 3, it’s 1 each per wave.

Definitely not gonna finish all the IB stuff this go around and its fine with me.

I will play a couple more matches today just to complete the matches bounty

I can see making players rotate Oracles during the Templar fight to keep them from cheesing the encounter with one ground team and one sniper team.

Keeping the Templar from teleporting after a single DPS phase is damn near impossible if you don't already have raid weapons, which no one at Stage One would since this is a World's First raid.

One man per Oracle during the Atheon boss fight is also doable,  but hard to coordinate.  Someone would have to transfer the Relic to a member of the non-portal team to clense them once they killed their Oracles.

Challenge mode doesn't sound very hard.  Just an assload of unnecessary switching around which would require tons of communication.

Yeah - funnily I think a lot of teams ended up using Vex Mythoclass (which was a reward somewhere in the Raid) to clear a lot of the challenges

I will also say the other thing they did was like triple the amount of enemies you faced.

And of course it all bullshit ones like Hobgoblins who never miss and 2 billion fanatics to fill the floor with goo

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Oh yeah - definitely don't have the patience to figure out the Expunge Labyrinth right now

Checks Youtube... sees Esoterrick has already soloed it in 4 minutes because you can sword skate past the entire thing till the boss

Yeah I stopped just a few minutes in. After seeing how Esoterrick did the first part I went ahead and ran it again. As a hunter I fucking despite the mission. It definitely feels like a finger to hunters with all that damn platforming. It does seem to be the mission to do if you want high level lightkin armor parts which you know at some point will be necessary for seasonal challenges.

41 minutes ago, Eivion said:

It does seem to be the mission to do if you want high level lightkin armor parts which you know at some point will be necessary for seasonal challenges.

It is not the only source. The pinacle gear you get from the Splicer Servitor is up there too.

I had it give me a set of boots Monday that had +30 INT

I will admit that I am assuming it came from the Servitor as I have no idea where else it might have come from

The only other possible option is that I got it as a random drop from IB because it certainly didn't come from an IB bounty