DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

I was put in a queue when I played earlier. Despite the 7000+ number I didn't wait more than 5-8 minutes.

Did the first mission then hit up the city to get my artifact and some bounties. Not sure how I feel about the armor changes quite yet. I think I would have preferred the champion mods stay weapon based with one or two for armor as well. The current system kind of screws you over an mods for loading weapons. They also seemed to have killed the orb healing mods for class items. I'm not happy with that at all.

Will probably play some more tonight. Been nursing a small headache most of the day so I haven't been doing too much.

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The fact that I can now buy Mountaintop makes me laugh and laugh and laugh

Yeah, its kind of amazing and douchey to make previous ritual & pinnacle weapons available for purchase knowing how many of them have sunset.

Edited by Eivion

I was supposed to fireteam the campaign with a friend last night, but he couldn’t make it.  I tried to go it alone, but I only made it to the Phylak (sp?) mission before I had to give up because I’m too damn weak on my own right now.  I’m gonna have to grind some gear tonight.

BTW - for whatever reason the Wanted Boss in Widow's Walk is dropping gear that is consistently 10 points higher than your LL so if you want a quick way to level up that is something to look at

I saw Aztec's video about it and he is expecting it to be patched any minute but I just ran it twice about 10 minutes ago

I tend to avoid exploits, but did go ahead and do the Widow's Walk a few time just so I could get to 1070. I'm not super worried about power though after finishing the second mission. The pulse rifle I got from Varicks was actually 1106. Seems like they are doing pinnacle drops as mission rewards.

38 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Whats wrong with the Witherhoard? Seemed fine when I used it on the first day.

Apparently the issue was specific to its performance in Crucible

Basically the bug was that instead of only doing damage when standing in the pool of goo - it did constant DoT so it was basically a guaranteed one shot kill

Just finished the main campaign. Actually enjoyed it a decent bit. Its easily the best story/execution we have gotten since Forsaken despite being short in comparison. Eramis was a good solid villain, and I dug getting to see into Varicks' mindset over the course of the campaign. Only thing I wasn't totally digging was the forced usage of stasis for the main boss fights. The powers were neat, but with how they played out they made the fights a bit too easy. Only decent challenge was probably Eramis's tech. That fight actually had some minor mechanics.

Have to say it does feel weird how little new loot you get during the campaign. I mean there is more than handful of stuff you can get, but the majority of loot seems to be saved for post campaign content.

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Apparently the issue was specific to its performance in Crucible

Basically the bug was that instead of only doing damage when standing in the pool of goo - it did constant DoT so it was basically a guaranteed one shot kill

No wonder I missed out. My focus was purely on beating the main story content first. I actually haven't done anything strikes, crucible, gambit wise yet outside of the one strike you do for the story.

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Speaking of Crucible - I am deeply amused how everyone is already over Stasis in matches

As I haven't touched Crucible are people using it like crazy or avoiding it? Just from what I saw of the trailers months I figured Stasis in Crucible was going to become hell. There is way too much you can do with it while light subclasses are still so limited comparatively.

Edited by Eivion

I have played a couple of matches - partly because I am doing New Light and a few of the parts of that are playing the different types of matches

But yeah - the big issue is the fucking grenades

Here is one article

https://kotaku.com/destiny-2-beyond-lights-new-stasis-powers-have-turned-1845656698

While Hunters and Warlocks have projectile melee abilities that can freeze opponents from afar, the main offender is coldsnap grenades, which each class has access to. Coldsnap grenades release little waves of Stasis energy wherever they detonate, which seek out and freeze any who’s nearby. Destiny has had grenades with these sorts of homing abilities in the past, but they only did a little bit of damage. Getting frozen in place, meanwhile, more or less ensures a one hit kill. Several hours of Crucible later, I have yet to survive getting frozen, in part because breaking free also damages you, just in case you weren’t salty enough already.

Also - and if you will see this if you watch the video in the story above - some of the powers go through walls

• Like 1

I agree. That was one of the annoyances I had just when fighting Fallen who used Stasis. If you are not at full health when frozen the chances of you dying are pretty damn high because escape takes off a good 30-50 percent of health. That isn't even taking into account that the initial freezing damages you as well.

Edited by Eivion

Oh man, I played The Glassway strike for the first time last night, and that final boss fight is wild (when you’re at or under level, anyway).  The way those Hydras literally HUNT YOU DOWN, and can even box you in if you take bad routes, is panic-inducing.

Whoever designed that is an evil genius.