DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

I took Fallout's advice and grabbed the Platinum Nightfall card and yeah... they weren't lying.

Super easy. Finished it in one strike.

Turned it in and go the Heir Apparent catalyst quest.

Then bought another one and completed it again in one Nightfall (on the lowest difficulty too)

We will see what today is like - I feel like all the Hunter mains are gonna switch to Titans today since Titans finishing last won't have any modifiers (at least if I understand everything correctly)

Oh no - I would never imply anything like that.

Since after about 3 days of just doing strikes, crucible and gambit I am positive I am gonna cry

It would probably take something on the quality of menagerie to hint at your returning. (Or at a minimum - waiting for Vault of Glass to come back)

Yeah, GG is fun, but I doubt I will be anywhere near as active in it by the time the weekend rolls around. It definitely isn't the thing we expect you to reinstall for, especially with how much the story makes your blood boil.

Saw a video of Aztec testing out the Heir Apparent catalyst with his buddies. The shield is around 4x stronger now, and even a good amount of arc weapons have trouble breaking through. Adored takes 2 shots to even break the shield. It can also stack with some of abilities that give shields. Only the flip side stuff like Witherhoard will still kill you. Black Talon, Lament, Eyes of Tomorrow, Acrius, and probably a couple of other will still straight up nuke a person. 

The TWIB has details on how Transmog is going to work - or what they are calling "Armor Synthesis"

Shocker that they are introducing new materials to do so

Little irritated that they jumped back to a strike day instead of doing Gambit like they were supposed to.

I had bought a comp card for Gambit in anticipation so had to finish that first before doing another Nightfall card

I hate Gambit so much but still haven’t finished all the challenges so the grind continues. I am gonna end up getting Dredgen a second time

Supposedly dataminers have discovered that the next season will be called

Spoiler

Season of the Splicer

Not sure why I am spoiling that since it gives away absolutely nothing but there ya go

22 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Supposedly dataminers have discovered that the next season will be called

Reveal hidden contents

Season of the Splicer

Not sure why I am spoiling that since it gives away absolutely nothing but there ya go

Spoilers are good because:

Spoiler

Season of the Splicer just sound like they are caving to the streamers and going with that damned SIVA plotline that they are demanding.  PLAGUE GANG WINS~!

What a load of shit.

Edited by J.T.

God Damn this is a gorgeous game

Definitely is speedier now on the Series X - even so much that my wife noticed it as I was loading in

Played 3 Crucible matches since that is the daily Guardian Game focus. Seem to be a little better.

The truest test will be a Gambit match since that has the most "enemies appearing out of thin air" of any part of the game

• Like 2

For a half a second it teased like I was gonna have to play the opening story mission again and I was like "well I am never playing this game again". Especially after having to sign the user agreement AGAIN

But it finally loaded up my old characters and we were all good.

Also am getting confirmation of what I thought were errors on my side due to older an console but instead are just because Bungie's servers suck

Tried GM Nightfall for the first time two times week. One was the Arms Dealer a few das ago where I fucked up bad and died constantly. The other was Insight Terminus where I did way the fuck better, but we sadly failed during the boss fight. Might try again tonight since I would like to get an adept Palindrome if possible.

And to the surprise of no one, of course my first successful GM does not land me an adept weapon. It does still feel nice to achieve after failing the first 3-4. Still would have liked the damn weapon. Palindrome is one of the better feeling handcannons right now so an adept version of one of nicer rollouts I got would have been neat.

I feel a little more comfortable possibly hooking up with randos in a LFG to do Grandmasters and Legendary Lost Sectors now that I know that (theoretically) my connection won't be shit.

I just have to get the motivation to do so. The end of season lull has set in

Did get the Guardian Games sparrow yesterday (not that I ever plan on using it)

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I feel a little more comfortable possibly hooking up with randos in a LFG to do Grandmasters and Legendary Lost Sectors now that I know that (theoretically) my connection won't be shit.

I just have to get the motivation to do so. The end of season lull has set in

The lull is surprisingly not as strong in me as usual though with Fallout 76 getting a big update today I'm still likely to give that more of my attention until the new season launches in May.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Did get the Guardian Games sparrow yesterday (not that I ever plan on using it)

Its sad, I don't dislike the look of it, but I have so many cooler looking sparrows I just can't be bothered with it.