DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

I just finished it all and I kept giggling because I was like "well clearly they are doing this to taunt JT"

The strike itself was... disappointing. Though it is gonna be a bitch when its the Ordeal. I am ready to curse the Scorpius turrets

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

The strike itself was... disappointing. Though it is gonna be a bitch when its the Ordeal. I am ready to curse the Scorpius turrets

I felt the same. I missed part of it because for some dumbass reason they threw me into one that was already at the entrance boss, but I did go through the infiltration part of the Land tank. It just felt so short and easy. I was expecting something closer to what we got from Beyond Light's new strike.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I will say that I do like the angle they are going with in regards to the division within the Cabal.

Interested to see how that plays out.

The Cabal were already divided to a degree since we had hose following Caitl and those following Calus.

I'm more curious on whether or not Saladin and Osiris end up accepting the armistice. They made it obvious during Battlegrounds that both think Zavala has done a shit job of leading and that the Cabal should be wiped out. 

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I just finished it all and I kept giggling because I was like "well clearly they are doing this to taunt JT"

I enjoy a good redemption story more than anybody, but this one is chock full of tropes that I hate and #1 at the list is Amnesia / Mind Control = Innocence.

Besides, it wasn't all Riven's fault.  Uldren knew what he was doing.  It's like none of the devs watched Forsaken's ending cutscene.

I am fairly certain I would've come close to breaking at least one controller if I had been playing the last two seasons.

Zavala and Ikora act like there's no such person as the Drifter and that Ghosts have never chosen sketchy people to be Lightbearers.  We're really giving the Crow the green light just because he's got a fucking Ghost?  In the quest to make the story ooooh EDGY~!, the devs have made the story stupid.

Fuck this game.

Edited by J.T.

Finally managed to do Presage on my own again earlier today. Surprisingly managed to get the non-dying solo run triumph as well. 

Did more of the Proving Grounds strike to finish the seasonal reward aspects for the War Table rep. The lore bits revealed after that were interesting. Definitely feels like Caiatl more or less sacrificed her troops to get the alliance with the Guardians. She knew Zavala would tell them to fuck off but also knew damn well they couldn't win. Looks like they needed the fight to happen just to please the hyper prideful whiners in her troops.

I spent most of the day/evening doing IB

Partly because I had at least 2 (possibly 3) challenges that required Valor ranks and partly because I still have that fucking quest from last IB.

Stupid pulse rifle kills - really didn't want to bust NTTE out of the vault but the game left me no choice

My next Presage run will probably be this weekend

I did my IB run for the day late night/early morning. I'm just doing the pinnacle bounties, but it was an unsurprisingly shit experience. I think I won one game and my team ended up outnumbered at least 3 times. My shots were absolutely not registering a good fifth of the time despite hitting or had a weird damage delay.

Edit: According to today's TWAB there should be some changes to IB this week to test out the matchmaking. They are trying to split the top players more evenly among the teams.

Edited by Eivion

Did another Presage run

I am irritated after the fact because I wasn't trying to for a flawless run. I boarded the ship for the first time with out dying.

I said to myself "well now I am gonna die stupidly"

I died twice in the room right after the trash compactor - which a place that I NEVER have problems with.

I then proceeded to not die the rest of the way.

Grr...

• Sad 1

Sorry to hear that. Its always when you actually think about t that you somehow end up screwed out of it. When I got it I was fully expecting to die and nearly did several times. I was shocked when I saw the triumph.

22 hours ago, Eivion said:

According to today's TWAB there should be some changes to IB this week to test out the matchmaking. They are trying to split the top players more evenly among the teams.

They already had to tweak this

It figures that there all of the efforts to fix matchmaking happen after I quit.  I haven't played any sort of PvP in so long that I am probably rusty AF now.

Sad because at one point I was a total beast in Comp / Glory.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

It figures that there all of the efforts to fix matchmaking happen after I quit.  I haven't played any sort of PvP in so long that I am probably rusty AF now.

Sad because at one point I was a total beast in Comp / Glory.

You would at least have a fighting chance since you have a next gen system

The difference between consoles is still, sadly, very noticeable and I dread what it is gonna be like when crossplay hits if I haven't gotten a Xbox Series X yet.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

You would at least have a fighting chance since you have a next gen system

The difference between consoles is still, sadly, very noticeable and I dread what it is gonna be like when crossplay hits if I haven't gotten a Xbox Series X yet.

I am actually encouraged by the reports that PC and console players won't be thrown together during the first iteration of crossplay.  There definitely needs to be some tweaking to make the playing field even.

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Some of those shots I definitely hit, but do no damage I'm almost certain are cases of next gen vs. last gen. It is annoying as hell, but I keep wanting to wait at least a year to upgrade since that is usually when kinks in the system are worked out.

Edited by Eivion

So apparently there are group of Destiny folks - including BYF which is how I stumbled across this - trying to will Bungie into doing a season around SIVA called Season of the Plague.

So if you stumbled across any of the the PLAGUE GANG!!!! stuff recently, that is why. (Part of it is clearly folks trying to get jobs at Bungie because the dude who started the whole thing when he made random artwork that would be based around a Season of the Plague, he landed an interview with Bungie)

I mean I am sure Bungie will get to it eventually but I mean if ever "too soon" applied to something.

57 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I mean with everything going on it would kind of make little sense to go back to SIVA unless it became controlled by the Darkness.

There are enough threads still waiting to be pulled out from the end of last year and this season (Everything with the Brays, Rasputin still waiting to be revealed as an Exo, Saladin showing up and being grumpy with everyone again) that can tie into the SIVA storyline.

That being said - yeah it would be awkward fitting it in now.

Of course - if they have to make an extra season due to Witch Queen getting delayed then that is something you could see being moved up.

I wouldn't mind seeing SIVA used again. I never played Rose of Iron so it would be a new experience for me. I just have trouble seeing them fit it in though I suppose you're right about there being threads to pull on. I'm looking forward to when Rasputin is in action as an Exo.

I am curious what they plan to do with that open space for a season at the end of the year. Typically they half ass it a bit because they know they can rely on an expansion. They can't really do that this time around so I wonder what the plan is.

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2021 at 7:51 AM, RIPPA said:

So apparently there are group of Destiny folks - including BYF which is how I stumbled across this - trying to will Bungie into doing a season around SIVA called Season of the Plague.

I thought they were trying to get away from the impression that they are catering to YouTubers?  Every week there is a brand new reason that makes me glad that I quit.

Well to be fair - I have a feeling that IF they do a Season of the Plague they were planning on doing it well before this started.

I don't know if this is just people being bored or the lore hounds being really cranky that their favorite story hasn't been addressed yet.

The weirdest part is how the group is planning on having a big reveal the beginning of May with all the artwork and lore and game plan elements they are "designing" etc...

EDIT - there is a story about this that I could link to but since it is from your favorite Forbes writer I decided not too

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

You know - when I am still grinding to 1325 - IB giving me all 4 pinnacle weapons in the Kinetic slot is not fucking helpful

Always hate when this happens. I get pinnacles and they will go to any slot I don;t actually need it in.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

I thought they were trying to get away from the impression that they are catering to YouTubers?  Every week there is a brand new reason that makes me glad that I quit.

There was an impression they catered to youtubers at some point? Also it just sounds like these particular fans are trying opposed to Bungie actually listening to them.

Did Proving Grounds as a Nightfall Ordeal late last night. I like it way more this way than I do as a normal strike. At legend, the difficulty feels just about perfect, and it feels more like a proper assault on a base with how many enemies attack. I think there were at least 10 champions, meaning that number only increases with difficulty. Only disappointment I have is that its still another where you can't 100K at just legend. Only did one and we did lose points for time, but I only managed 79K with my group. I can only see that hitting 81-90K with better time. Hopefully I'm wrong, and it just not easily hit like Insight Terminus.