DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

The TWIB explained the impending release of crossplay - nothing major except to make things uniform they will be introducing a "Bungie Name" to make things universal (this will more be used when searching for people cross platforms)

They will have to tweak display names as they have to strip out some character symbols that people were using (basically anything that a console player couldn't search for). This should really only impact PC players. (You will eventually be able to change your Bungie Name but that won't happen till Winter)

There will be only giant global pool of players for PvE activities

However for competitive modes

PC players will match with other PC players. 
Console players will match with other console players. 
Note: Stadia will be in the Console pool.
Fireteams with any combination of PC players and console players will match in the PC player pool. 

Yay! I get to play with the 4 Stadia players

Cross Play will not launch with voice chat as they discovered a late breaking issue that they have to fix. They will add text chat for Console players that will run through The Witch Queen

Oh and apparently Bungie "accidentally" released the last page of this season's lore book.

I saw a video about this but haven't looked myself but if you read it you can basically infer what happens in the final mission (that probably will unlock when Solstice of Heroes is over). At a minimum get a sense of who may or may not have survived.

It seems like they did go through with all the blatantly obvious stuff they were hinting out about

Don't recall seeing any new lore pop up the day I played this week. Wonder if that happened with the update I got late last night. 

Will be interesting playing with X-box & PC players soon.

Edited by Eivion

11 hours ago, Eivion said:

That is actually the vid that got me to do Trials for the first time ever back in March. Its why I have an Igneous Hammer.

I still log on to the Bungie forums so that I can laugh at people, but I have no intention of returning to the game unless Bungie totally shitcans D2 and starts from scratch when they launch Witch Queen (which will never happen).

There is far too much code bloat and too many horrible decisions about PvP and Power / Weapon Balance for me to return.

If I ever do start playing an MMO with PvP in it, I am going to suck.  I am sooooooo out of practice.  

I used to be really good in Comp....

My favorite is how we have hit that point of the year where all the content creators are like "Yeah - not gonna be doing much videos until the new season starts"

Fallout is doing Pokemon videos, Datto basically said to check back in a month, Esoterickk is basically doing 4 Dark Souls III videos for every Destiny video, Aztec has started dipping his toes in the New World waters

On 8/2/2021 at 9:05 AM, RIPPA said:

My favorite is how we have hit that point of the year where all the content creators are like "Yeah - not gonna be doing much videos until the new season starts"

Fallout is doing Pokemon videos, Datto basically said to check back in a month, Esoterickk is basically doing 4 Dark Souls III videos for every Destiny video, Aztec has started dipping his toes in the New World waters

Its a few weeks away. No reason to stay laser focused and tired themselves out on Destiny before then.

On 8/2/2021 at 9:05 AM, RIPPA said:

Those guys have clan support and extended player support because they are Tubers so they have probably done everything that is worthwhile to do this season.

I know why they are doing it and am not surprised by it - it just always actually makes me chuckle

Halo Infinite was smart (though it might be just be chance) but a lot of the Destiny folks played the Halo Infinite MP this past weekend and are now hyping it up.

I can hear JT breaking things from here

BTW - via Twitter, Bungie confirmed that Trials is getting overhauled (which will be shown off on August 24, which is I am assuming is when the Showcase is gonna happen)

They also confirmed that they are finally working on new maps for Crucible

Basically - Season 16 - 2 vaulted maps upgraded to work with the new engine that was put in place with Beyond Light.

Season 17 - 1 new map (most likely Europa since it was said it was from one of the "new environments")

Season 18 - 1 revamped Destiny 1 map

The team is also trying to bring Rift back. Also they are supposedly working on "brand new modes"

Here is the long thread (Blackburn is the Assistant Game Director)

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Bungee announces a billion changes. All the community wants to do is fight over the nerf to sliding

Let me guess.  Barricade sliding Titans with Felwinter's Lie and Antaeus Wards are threatening to quit en masse.

Edited by J.T.

I used to be a really good Blink Shotgunner in D1 until Bungo nerfed Blink and then took Blink away from Hunters entirely in D2.  Then jumping became a thing but I've always been good at picking assholes out of the sky when they are trying to jump shotgun me, even after the Go Fast update.

My sliding shotgun skill is okay but thwarted by the constant nerfs to shotguns that made them nearly useless in PvP.  I'd rather attack from range with the meta du jour and rely on my insane Mobility build to keep me out of trouble.

I'm actually surprised sliding shotgun tactics a problem again... no I'm not because Antaeus Wards.

Edited by J.T.

The thing is no one is using Antaeus Wards - that is how efficient sliding is/was

Made all the more worse with Stasis (until they nuked Stasis a little bit ago)

It was probably the one thing still left over from that GO FAST~! update years ago

So the final season mission dropped today and apparently there is an Easter egg of a character returning just not as we knew them

Spoiler

Apparently Asher Mir downloaded his consciousness into a Vex Harpy

At a minimum it is using the Harpy to communicate