DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

And considering (going by last year) - they really didn't change the mechanics of the EAZ at all I will probably do enough to get my gear to purple but as per usual will not Masterwork.

4-5 GM Nightfalls later and I now have a Hung Jury with Firefly. I both felt bad and kind amused since the last team I ran with did not and were wary of my non meta layout at the beginning. They were nice enough though so I do hope they eventually get there Firefly rolls.

I ended up (besides finishing the season story) got my one machine gun kill in IB and then actually did Mayhem instead of IB to do the seasonal challenge

24 hours later and they are still having to use a queue to let people in to play and error codes are still quite frequent

I don't know why this is tickling me so but here we are

August 24 will be the next Destiny 2 Showcase

Outside of just throwing out "survive the truth" - nothing is known

I would assume they will explain what they are going to do to fill the time till Witch Queen hits and show a little bit of Witch Queen

I am at the point where I think the one thing that the Destiny community could agree on is the removal of Gambit

So I am convinced that somehow Bungie will expand it again

Pleased that despite very limited playtime this week managed to upgrade my Solstice gear from Blue to Purple

Also helps that Bungie made everything easier… including the EAZ

I don't dislike Gambit, but certain exotics kind of killed it due to their easy ability to take out groups during an Invasions. Beyond that the lack of anything resembling new maps or interesting gear (outside of maybe Bottom Dollar) has made it kind pointless.

I got my purple gear last week, but just can't be bothered to finish the rest with all the other things that interest me be they movies, tv shows, comics, or other games. Going to try to do more this week, but I'm not sure how far I will get. 

There is far too much quest/bounty wise attached to Gambit. It is so frustrating.

I watched Fallout's video about playing 50 Gambit matches and on some levels it made me feel better seeing the same shit happen to him that happens to me.

His point about how enemies hit fucking harder in Gambit than the fucking raid was spot on.

In the TWIB the explained a little more about the reputation ranks

Vanguard will finally move to the system that Crucible and Gambit has been using

For Vanguard - you will get rep from strikes, Nightfalls and Battlegrounds.

For all activities - bounties no longer give rep they will give XP. There will be activity streaks (so say you will do multiple strikes in a row - you get more rep as you go along)

They are rebalancing Crucible and Gambit so that losses don't hurt your rep gain as much. Basically if you lost almost all your matches it took 4 times as long to complete something compared to someone who won most of their matches. They are tweaking it so it is only 2x as hard.

They are also eliminating Valor and Infamy (they just become the regular old rep). Glory remains its own separate thing and they will eventually be adding a rep rank for Trials.

On 7/12/2021 at 11:30 AM, RIPPA said:

I am at the point where I think the one thing that the Destiny community could agree on is the removal of Gambit

So I am convinced that somehow Bungie will expand it again

Gambit just takes too long to finish a match.  They should've ditched Gambit when they made Gambit Prime.

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Gambit just takes too long to finish a match.  They should've ditched Gambit when they made Gambit Prime.

Well where it is really broken is that teams literally have Prime Evil melting builds now where they can kill the Prime before you even have a chance to invade once.

This is especially irritating when they give quest bounties that are "kill Taken" since you either ended up on a team that nuke's the boss or getting the chance to shoot 2 dudes before the match ends

Don't think I have magnificent armor yet. I have barely played the last week or two. The Solstice armor for Hunters just does not look good to me this year. Still will probably try to get to Magnificent if only because its also an easy way to do some of my seasonal bounties. I'm 9 away from the big bonus.