DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

Just now, J.T. said:

Did sidearms get nerfed or something?  Sturm / Drang was all the rage in Competitive right before I quit right after the Hard Light "correction," and quite a few sidearms were seeing use as clean-up guns in PvP.

More the Meta changed for other weapons

Literally you can't play a comp game without everyone running a Felwinter's/Hand Cannon combo

And if it isn't a shotty - its the usual Sniper/HC combo.

Sidearms are fine in PvP. They just aren't as good as other options

Hey, now.  I used to run around with The Mountaintop and Trust in Comp before the auto rifle buff.   I'd probably be using Mountaintop / Luna's Howl in the Crucible if I were playing now.   I was really close to finishing the Luna's Howl quest before I folded my tent and was considering finding myself a good kill lobby to finally wrap that shit up.

Edited by J.T.

28 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

They are bringing Hung Jury back next month

People are gonna be so pissed when it isn't as good as they remember it to be

Which is why I am still kinda interested to see how Bungie butchers Visions of Conflux if they make it a VoG 2.0 loot item.

Unless they do some crazy shit with it the stasis sidearm will probably just be ok-solid. Its been mentioned before, but the thing with Stasis is partially that it just sucks to die via freezing. That is a feeling that won't ever get fixed no matter how much they mess with it to balance.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Did sidearms get nerfed or something?  Sturm / Drang was all the rage in Competitive right before I quit right after the Hard Light "correction," and quite a few sidearms were seeing use as clean-up guns in PvP.

There hasn't been a new Drang in 2 years, and the last one was one of the sunset weapons. People are using the newer sidearms like Keening and the solar IB sidearm whose name I'm forgetting right now. They are clean up guns as you mentioned. Right now its 120 handcannons that are all the rage until the meta changes next week with the new season.

I am getting so fucking tired of dying to a freeze vortex and then the game respawning me right where the fucking vortex is and me dying again

• Like 1

It would be nice to see them fix spawning. I've had that happen to multiple supers, static and roaming. I also just dislike being spawned right the fuck in front of an opponent.

On 5/7/2021 at 12:41 PM, Eivion said:

There hasn't been a new Drang in 2 years, and the last one was one of the sunset weapons. People are using the newer sidearms like Keening and the solar IB sidearm whose name I'm forgetting right now. They are clean up guns as you mentioned. Right now its 120 handcannons that are all the rage until the meta changes next week with the new season.

Jesus, they sunset Drang 2.0 from the Menagerie?   That was stupid, but it sounds like Bungie is making a lot of really dumb decisions lately.

Like bringing back class specific swords following a sword nerf..... after some people already earned their equivalents in the Menagerie..... 

...unless those swords from the Menagerie were also sunset....

And you dudes wonder why I stay as far the fuck away from this game as I can.

On 5/7/2021 at 2:12 PM, Eivion said:

It would be nice to see them fix spawning. I've had that happen to multiple supers, static and roaming. I also just dislike being spawned right the fuck in front of an opponent.

I got pretty good at wiping dudes multiple times in Competitive with Spectral Blades to close out Glory Survival matches..   That's when I knew that Bungie really should've nerfed all class specific items that prolong roaming super duration after a kill.

Edited by J.T.

12 hours ago, J.T. said:

Jesus, they sunset Drang 2.0 from the Menagerie?   That was stupid, but it sounds like Bungie is making a lot of really dumb decisions lately.

Like bringing back class specific swords following a sword nerf..... after some people already earned their equivalents in the Menagerie..... 

...unless those swords from the Menagerie were also sunset....

And you dudes wonder why I stay as far the fuck away from this game as I can.

Yes Menagerie weapons were sunset but that really falls under the entire umbrella of sunsetting in general not a separate decision

Since Menagerie was removed (with Calus "leaving" at the same time as the other planets were vaulted) - and honestly the weapon from Menagerie most folks were upset about being sunset was Beloved

You are in the small majority of people... or maybe the only one who would be upset about the class specific swords going away as there are there were only two swords that everyone was using because they were so much better than anything else (One was an exotic and one rained from the sky like candy)

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Since Menagerie was removed (with Calus "leaving" at the same time as the other planets were vaulted) - and honestly the weapon from Menagerie most folks were upset about being sunset was Beloved.

It sounds like those people weren't big Sturm / Drang users.   The Menagerie giving us a new Drang with two perks to pair up with Sturm was a godsend.  Same with Goldtusk / Quickfang as I was really good in PvP with that sword.

But yeah, the loss of Beloved hurts the most.  That was a damn good sniper rifle and I had a really good roll.

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

You are in the small majority of people... or maybe the only one who would be upset about the class specific swords going away as there are there were only two swords that everyone was using because they were so much better than anything else (One was an exotic and one rained from the sky like candy)

Eh.  I used to murder guys with Quickfang and Goldtusk in PvP.  I have a lot of Regent medals and I was pretty good at making my own meta until Bungie would go in and screw things up by trying to bring "balance" only to make some weapon types light years better than others. 

You couldn't fight the tide after the auto rifle buff, because Hard Light was head and shoulders above the competition.  Seeing all of those bolts of light bouncing around in Competitive reminded me of when trace rifles were horribly broken and everyone was using Prometheus Lens.

Edited by J.T.

So now MS Rewards has the same deal up for the Season of the Splicer as it did for Guardian games.   Activate your punch card, buy 1K in Silver, participate in the event, and you will earn 2500 MS Reward points.   I suspect this will now be a regular thing as the seasons transition in D2.

You have 1 day left to complete your Guardian Games punch card.

Edited by J.T.

I managed to get in though I had to wait in a queue for 20 minutes.

The story isn't bad this far. Feels like we are exploring another side to the Fallen/Eliksni. It is interesting to see how the Eliksni see us. 

Unfortunately outside of doing the first mission then checking out the new social area and expanded HELM there isn;t much I can do. For some damn reason some people like myself can't purchase the Season Pass.

18 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Unfortunately outside of doing the first mission then checking out the new social area and expanded HELM there isn;t much I can do. For some damn reason some people like myself can't purchase the Season Pass.

Yeah that was like the very first thing they said they were investigating when the season started and then the servers blew up

Was able to buy the season pass finally. Did the quest for Armor Synthesis, the finished the story quest for this week, and did the quest for the new Stasis aspect.

The Armor synthesis stuff is simple enough. I used the first six weaves they give you pretty fast. I can see why players are annoyed considering the amount of armor there is. I can also see why Bungie limited weaves since people would be easily done within one season. I'm not really bothered one way or the other since I like to pick and choose from armor sets anyways. Its rare I actually like a full set. Surprisingly you can unlock some of the ornaments for Factions and IB. I forgot how nice some of those rare and common pieces of armor for the Hunter looks.

The Override activity is decent enough. Nothing super new or interesting though it has a shit ton of enemies. The lack of stages like Battleground leaves us without any fun banter, at least so far. I do like how they are using the seasons to focus on lesser used characters. I love getting to hear Lakshmi-2 again, especially since I like her actress so much. Its good to see Ikora used again as well though I'm going to miss Gina Torres. Hopefully Saint-14 has some good showings over the course of the season.

The exo mission for the new Stasis aspect is hell. Whoever designed it is kind of an asshole.

12 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I love getting to hear Lakshmi-2 again, especially since I like her actress so much. Its good to see Ikora used again as well though I'm going to miss Gina Torres. Hopefully Saint-14 has some good showings over the course of the season.

I think that Shohreh Aghdashloo aka Tali's aunt and Lance Riddick are the last high profile personalities that Bungie have on the payroll now that Jaime Chung, Nathan Fillion, and Gina Torres are gone.   

I am not sure how many members of the current Destiny community remember Peter Dinklage being the first one to be completely voiced over.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

I am a little leery that Lance Riddick might be next as they went out of their way to not involve Zavala at all this season so that could be laying the groundwork for them being in the process of revoicing all of his stuff

It is amusing to read the debate on like Reddit over whether Torres was replaced or not

IT IS HER! SHE JUST HAD TO RECORD HER LINES OVER A CELL PHONE DUE TO COVID!!!!!

(BTW - most think the new VA is Britt Baron who also voices Ada) 

I hope this is the permanent solution to what do to with Factions now and weave them into the bigger story.

That being said... yeah... I am disliking pledging FWC at the moment

I also liked how, at least storywise, they brought back Ada and the revamped Black Armory (RIP Forges)

When I was doing Override I suddenly was remembering all the random shit we have done this game that I had totally forgotten about. Like "Oh that's right - the fucking Sundial was a thing"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am a little leery that Lance Riddick might be next as they went out of their way to not involve Zavala at all this season so that could be laying the groundwork for them being in the process of revoicing all of his stuff

It is amusing to read the debate on like Reddit over whether Torres was replaced or not

IT IS HER! SHE JUST HAD TO RECORD HER LINES OVER A CELL PHONE DUE TO COVID!!!!!

(BTW - most think the new VA is Britt Baron who also voices Ada) 

Nolan North has pulled double duty voicing Ghost and Cayde-6, so it would not surprise me if Britt Baron had to do the voice work for more than one character.

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

That being said... yeah... I am disliking pledging FWC at the moment

I also liked how, at least storywise, they brought back Ada and the revamped Black Armory (RIP Forges).

Ada hasn't had much to do since the introduction of the Forges, so it's cool to hear that the devs haven't forgotten about the Black Armory.

Okay, I'll bite.  What the fuck is up with FWC?

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Nolan North has pulled double duty voicing Ghost and Cayde-6, so it would not surprise me if Britt Baron had to do the voice work for more than one character.

It definitely seems to be the new Bungie model

Last season they had Courtenay Taylor play the big bad while doing new lines for Amanda Holliday