DVDVR Message Board

DESTINY 2: Beyond Light

RIPPA

It bothers me that they already want to nerf Dead Man's Tale. It feels liek such bs when shit like Last Word is still running around and wrecking everyone shit pretty easily in duels including against DMT. The TWAB even talked liked DMT was some kind of monster against snipers, 120 handcannons, and other scout rifles. The idea that their shouldn't be a counter against sniper rifles is bs. 120 absolutely beat the shit out of DMT in duels 9/10. And DMT is only a beast against non exotic scout rifles. Against exotics variants its even or a loss. I've been destroyed by MIDA-Multitool numerous times. I just wish they would leave well enough alone.

Also have to say I really hate these Crucible focused days during GG. It takes way too much damn time to finish up the daily.

Finally got the new aspect because I legit forgot I hadn't done it yet.

I barely go to Europa anymore and that is usually just to turn stuff in with Elizabeth

I read the article in Polygon explaining the plotline behind the Season of the Splicer and I am happy that it is neither stupid nor directly related to SIVA.

Bungie also plans to create an updated version of the Vault of Glass raid.  I am glad I am no longer playing because a version of the Vision of Conflux scout rifle with a sunset timer would definitely make me quit.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Bungie also plans to create an updated version of the Vault of Glass raid.  I am glad I am no longer playing because a version of the Vision of Conflux scout rifle with a sunset timer would definitely make me quit.

Not planning - it is here.

We have talked about it a few times and in the last TWIB they explained how they are doing the World's First race

I doubt I will have anyone around to drag me through this time

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I am glad I am no longer playing because a version of the Vision of Conflux scout rifle with a sunset timer would definitely make me quit.

Sunsetting was sunset already.

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Okay - I only watched it once so I didn't notice it but folks are saying that Ikora is no longer voiced by Gina Torres

Only seen it once as well, but her voice sounded off, like when they replaced Jaime Chung for Ana Bray. The actress they got sounded close, but you could tell it was a different person. Feels like a similar scenario here.

Yeah - watched again and its definitely not Gina Torres

I mean it kinda makes sense since a lot of her stuff got put in the Vault (like all of her strikes are gone).

It will be interesting to see if they completely wipe her from the game as people will be PISSED if they do that.

They have done both approaches as you still get Nathan Fillion on the old raids and only get Nolan North on the story.

However - they did completely wipe out Peter Dinklage in the first game and Jamie Chung in this game

Well that sucks.  I might've stayed if I knew that sunsetting would be sunset.  The annoying story with the Crow is enough to keep me retired.

They sure are keeping Mithrax busy.  First Zero Hour and now he gets to be the handler for the entire season.

I wonder if this is how they bring back Outbreak Perfected - either bringing back Zero Hour or having folks be able to acquire it some other way.

I mean it is a little silly considering you can buy anything at the Monument to Lost Lights but they did tease when talking about vaulting about finding a way to reintroduce the special stuff and this season seems like a good way to do that.

So... much... Gambit...

At least I knocked a couple more Triumphs/Challenges out

I need to win something like 15 matches this week and I probably will get Dredgen again. 

I am debating pushing for it since it is Double Infamy week. However... that is a lot of fucking Gambit.

Plus wins and losses are a complete crapshot now - unless you are running a 4 man that is built to melt the bosses in 30 seconds (not that I have the proper exotics for that sort of build)

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I wonder if this is how they bring back Outbreak Perfected - either bringing back Zero Hour or having folks be able to acquire it some other way.

I mean it is a little silly considering you can buy anything at the Monument to Lost Lights but they did tease when talking about vaulting about finding a way to reintroduce the special stuff and this season seems like a good way to do that.

I don't think they will reintroduce weapons in the Monuments via new quests. What they might do though is reintroduce catalysts this way.

I think that is what my brain was thinking but it didn’t send the message to my fingers

BTW - I now know it’s Bungie’s shitty processing that makes Gambit the worst since there is still a whole host of enemies just blipping in out of nowhere.

Always great to have cleared an area and then suddenly have a Scorpius turret magically appear behind you and shred you before you can turn around

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I also am an idiot for not processing that Fallen babies was gonna become THE thing with the community 

Baby Fallen grow up to be Dregs, and I guess we're going to forget Saint-14's stories about Dregs eating human children during the Collapse?  

The Destiny community is stupid and has a collective attention span rivaling the life cycle of the female mayfly.

I am the only person that paid attention to dialogue in this stupid game.

I hear that Hunters are wrecking it this year in the Guardian Games.  I guess Warlocks will be rigged to win next year.

Also, I've watched the trailer and have seen the sidearm that has Stasis capabilities.   Who thought that was a good idea?  Bungie's devs are totally retarded.

Edited by J.T.

44 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I hear that Hunters are wrecking it this year in the Guardian Games.  I guess Warlocks will be rigged to win next year.

Well this year - they didn't do anything to balance against how many fucking people play as Hunter

So after the first week Bungie flat out said "Hunters won because there are so many of them!" and then were all "Just you wait! The negative modifiers will catchup to them!"

And... yeah... that did nothing

I think Warlocks have won like two days and the rest where won by Hunters

I had a bronze cape twice and silver once so Hunters lost at least three days. I have no idea how the past 2-3 days have gone since I was sick and didn't feel liek playing.

The negative modifiers wasn't what was supposed to cause a catch up. It was the 10%+ for the lowest class that was. All I know is what they did last year was pure bullshit and turned off Hunters from even bothering. I think they headed in the right direction this year, but clearly didn't modify things in the catch up system enough.

Edited by Eivion

Okay that makes more sense. Bungie just said "bonuses" and I think I processed that as "the modifiers stacking"

The last two days - at least when I was playing - Hunters had a healthy lead on Monday. Yesterday - Warlocks were close but I still think Hunters were leading

How game breaking is the Stasis sidearm?   Do any of those poor idiots in the community still believe that Bungie is committed to making PvP better after they willingly put a gun like that into active play?'

I think I'd actually entertain coming back if Bungie just scrapped PvP and Gambit and focused on creating more lore immersed PvE, but they will probably continue to hold the PvP community hostage for as long as they can.

Edited by J.T.

4 minutes ago, J.T. said:

How game breaking is the Stasis sidearm?   Do any of those poor idiots in the community still believe that Bungie is committed to making PvP better after they willingly put a gun like that into active play?

I don't think it will be that bad (regarding the sidearm)

Most people are angry because it is a sidearm and for the most part sidearms aren't meta

And as far as I can tell - they have patched most of the wall breaches that Salvation's Grip used to let you do (and no one uses that weapon out in the wild)

Did sidearms get nerfed or something?  Sturm / Drang was all the rage in Competitive right before I quit right after the Hard Light "correction," and quite a few sidearms were seeing use as clean-up guns in PvP.

Oh and I think most have realized that Bungie doesn't care about PvP (at least in the way that most want them to)

There hasn't been a new map added in like a year and a half. And then half of the maps got vaulted

It seems like their primary focus had become getting PvP ready for Crossplay but then Stasis broke it so much that they actually had to start making PvP specific changes

I think a decent chunk of that is most of the PvP focused folks aren't hitting up the Eververse and that is what Bungie is making their focus