DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2020 - WEEK NINE

Dolfan in NYC

Sorry to drag up from last week's thread, but Daniel Jones sounds like the Josh Allen experience. Not to rub salt in your wounds Rippa, I know that pain. . . . ? BTW what possessed the NFL to have the trade deadline on election day?

With Wisconsin basically out of control with Covid, it should shock you that the Packers are next up on the Coronavirus Express.  

RB AJ Dillon has tested positive.   Because of the close contact he's had with Jamaal Williams, he's out too.  Same thing with LB Kamal Martin.  

46 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And Andy Dalton has been placed on the COVID IR

Ben DiNucci will start for the Cowboys again

A friend of mine has been a die-hard Cowboys fan for as long as I can remember and this year is testing him big-time.  He's a great guy so it kind of sucks seeing him so apathetic about them anymore.  And I can only imagine how badly DiNucci will get demolished against the Steelers.

And apparently - DiNucci won't be the starters

Reports are now that Dallas will give Garrett Gilbert and Cooper Rush snaps with the first team during practice and decide later in the week who is gonna start

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Meanwhile I am staring down the barrel of Justin Fields

I am gonna throw up

If I had to choice right now I would consider taking Trey Lance from North Dakota State.  The problem is I wonder how many have Carson Wentz flashbacks and hides in fear 

For the second time this season - Matt Stafford is on the COVID list due to being a "high risk, close contact" with a non-team member

Since the last contact was Monday - he can play Sunday if he has 5 straight negative tests

Golden Tate no showed Giants practiced because he is unhappy with his role

Besides yelling at the camera multiple times on Monday saying "Throw me the ball!" we also had his wife bitching on Instagram about his lack of us.

So that clearly is gonna go over well

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

For the second time this season - Matt Stafford is on the COVID list due to being a "high risk, close contact" with a non-team member

Since the last contact was Monday - he can play Sunday if he has 5 straight negative tests

So when do we start saying he's trying to get fired?

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Texans are the latest team to have to close down their facilities this week due to a player testing positive

Add the Bears to the list too

Clearly the NFL is thankful everyone is distracted this week

19 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Golden Tate no showed Giants practiced because he is unhappy with his role

Besides yelling at the camera multiple times on Monday saying "Throw me the ball!" we also had his wife bitching on Instagram about his lack of us.

So that clearly is gonna go over well

This frustrates me to no end. Golden Tate has been the ultimate gator arms receiver all season. On a majority of the catches he does have, he immediately gives himself up and doesn't try to get more yards. He's not getting the ball because he's mailing it in. He won't reach out if he senses a defender. He won't fight for yards. He's basically a waste of a roster spot and I can't wait until he's gone.