DVDVR Message Board

WE BEAT THE DUDLEYS! - Raw - 11/2/2020

Dolfan in NYC

I did enjoy the New Day vs. Hurt Business promo and match.   

And I know it's a damned meme for the ages, but jesus.... can a black wrestler please be involved in a match without another black wrestler in it?  Please? 

Aren't Kofi and Lashley about the same age?

So Tucker turns on his partner and immediately goes to looking like a total jobber.

The survivor series promo and ensuing meat slapper of a match was pretty good.

Survivor Series is generally one of my favorite PPVs in terms of the gimmick, and while this year doesn't do a ton for me it doesn't outright turn me off either. The whole "brand vs brand" thing is still dumb though. I wonder if we get a NXT vs NXT UK match anywhere?

10 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

So Tucker turns on his partner and immediately goes to looking like a total jobber.

As is tradition.

That Alexa bit on Firefly Funhouse had me in stitches. I can't remember laughing soooo much, especially to Bray's reaction.

Then I had to go read Reddit and see how many people mentioned ahego and it *almost* ruined the bit for me, but I rised above.

Also, thankfully they didn't forget the most popular weekly segment and made sure Lana went through a table again.

Women's tag titles match was generally ok, but the focus on Lana was annoying and distracting. 

Nia's slaughter of Lana was ok I guess.

The Hurt Business/New Day segment/match was nice.

Fire Fly Funhouse was nice enough.

Lee vs. Braun vs. Sheamus seemed pretty solid outside of that dive from Lee. The pre & post match segments did nothing for me.

I couldn't be bothered with much else including Retribution beating on Tucker & Ricochet or Drew vs. Miz/Morrison

I only watched half the show. Up until about Lucha House Party running into AJ and his bouncer that everyone now fears. 

Only match I was remotely interested in was Fire Power (that's what some are calling Mandy/Dana) vs. Shayna/Nia.  They might have something with Mandy and Dana. They looked good in the match. If they got some time it might actually be a worth while feud between them all. In theory since Mandy and Dana are power lifters, they should be able to match Shayna and Nia in strength.  But I know I gave it way more thought than they did there.

Poor Lana. Well the jokes gonna be on everyone when she is the soul survivor of her team and doesn't win in a fluke fashion. Yes, I'm predicting she gets a clean win over someone at the ppv.

I think I have most of the rest of the show on dvr. If not there's youtube. But this post on reddit cracked me up.

Mustafa Ali began hacking into Smackdown this year to help unite Otis with Mandy Rose, and proved that he was the victim of Dolph Ziggler’s bullying.

At Hell in a Cell, Tucker turned on Otis, costing him the MITB contract. We see Tucker wrestle on Raw for the first time since, and out comes Mustafa Ali. He makes Retribution jump Tucker for his betrayal.

Mustafa Ali standing up for Otis and avenging those that bully him is the longest running story that WWE has been able to commit to this year.

**UPDATE: Mustafa Ali just admitting on Talking Raw that he attacked Tucker for betraying Otis. This is canon now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

Aren't Kofi and Lashley about the same age?

The survivor series promo and ensuing meat slapper of a match was pretty good.

Survivor Series is generally one of my favorite PPVs in terms of the gimmick, and while this year doesn't do a ton for me it doesn't outright turn me off either. The whole "brand vs brand" thing is still dumb though. I wonder if we get a NXT vs NXT UK match anywhere?

Kofi is 39 and Lashley is 44. So quite close.

As far as NXT vs NXT UK, technically the travel ban is still on, isn't it? If you're in the UK/ Europe and want to go to America, you have to go to Canada (or somewhere) and isolate for two weeks before crossing the border.

2 minutes ago, AxB said:

Kofi is 39 and Lashley is 44. So quite close.

As far as NXT vs NXT UK, technically the travel ban is still on, isn't it? If you're in the UK/ Europe and want to go to America, you have to go to Canada (or somewhere) and isolate for two weeks before crossing the border.

Wow, for all the years Kofi has spent on TV and in WWE, he's still under 40! I bet he has a soul of a 100-year old at this point! In fact the crushed soul may have something to do with how his chest has looked since that 2009 (which by his own admission was his best year), but maybe you shouldn't take this diagnosis to any medical professionals, it's merely a hunch.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Dog said:

Remember when everyone said AJ Styles couldn't talk?

Remember when the Iconics broke up so Peyton Royce could have a singles career?

a47.jpg

... but Pepperidge Farm isn't going to keep it to itself ...

• Like 1

AJ was always a bit of an underrated promo. He wasn't bad in TNA. 

Ya know - AJ's WWE run is really absurd with how well he's done in this graveyard of failed pushes and ruined careers. He's a short Southerner who made his name in another company yet has been consistently pushed and booked well from Day 1. It's just so anachronistic.  

• Like 4

I feel sort of bad for Tucker.  Heavy Machinery probably should have had a decent run as a tag team.  I naively thought they would send Otis back to Raw to pick up the Mandy angle and Tucker would at least get a short feud with him before being taken off tv.  Even his new ring attire looked sad.

Tucker's heel push in gif form:

Wile Coyote GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY