DVDVR Message Board

NOV 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

25 minutes ago, Edwin said:

He said he still has a relationship with Steve Austin and they talk on the phone often. He said Austin called him around the anniversary for their strap match as he credits as a key match in the development of his career on his way to becoming Stone Cold.

That's great to know. I had just started watching wrestling right around the start of that angle. I didn't get cable till a year later so all I got was WWF Superstars.  WCW had a few more syndicated shows I was able to watch but Savio Vega was probably my first favorite wrestler. I remember Austin replacing Razor as Savios partner and turning on him and the whole Caribbean Kid deal leading to He and Austins blowoff. 

People joke about Savio being the Surprise partner in that No Way Out tag match on '98 but looking back now , it was probably Austin who recommended him to replace Shawn.

I bet He and Austin tore it up on the house show loop during their feud. I'm glad he gets more recognition over here now with MLW and BSK getting recognized nowadays.

26 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I'm glad he gets more recognition over here now with MLW and BSK getting recognized nowadays.

There's an interview where he talks about BSK, I haven't watched it yet, though.

He said Victor Quiñones was the agent for Kane, Big Show, the Mexican and Japanese wrestlers of the Attitude Era. He claims Big Show's deal was for $10M.

Súper Astros was a project Quiñones was involved in. The goal was for Súper Astros to be a brand of itself. Their show was original for 30 minutes and they had plans to expand it to an hour, but someone had an issue arise with Linda McMahon and Vince decided to drop the entire plan.

Regardless, Quiñones was still working on founding IWA in Puerto Rico. Obviously IWA was heavily influenced by W★ING. Savio says Jim Ross told him creative didn't have anything for him and when Savio approached the Undertaker to say goodbye, Taker told him he would get him a 2 year extension, but Savio turned down the offer from Taker as he was already working with Quiñones, Miguel Pérez Jr. and Victor Rodríguez founding IWA.

Edited by Edwin