DVDVR Message Board

20-10s Facts, Figures and for Fuck's Sake....

RIPPA

On 11/3/2020 at 5:53 PM, caley said:

I think I was the HM on 'Captain Marvel' which I'm surprised didn't get votes over some of the inferior Marvel stuff that made it. I voted for it almost entirely on that climax where

Reveal hidden contents

they show all the times she was excluded/mistreated and it gives her the strength to break out of the prison thing, I thought that was a pretty incredible little scene in an otherwise still pretty entertaining flick

'Bridesmaids' was on my list for quite a while until I tried to rewatch it and went "How is this 2 hours and 12 minutes?!" (I believe the answer is Judd Apatow being involved). Still, I'm pretty shocked it didn't get any votes.

Bridesmaids is one of the few films I turned off halfway through as I had enough.

6 minutes ago, Bill S. Preston ESQ. said:

Did The Fighter get any votes?

I don't think The Fighter did. I considered it for my ballot but left it.

3 hours ago, Bill S. Preston ESQ. said:

Did The Fighter get any votes?

Yes - it got 2 votes + 1 HM

You voted for it (#94) and Caley voted it (#96). The Z tossed it the HM.

Interestingly - it was not the lowest movie to receive two votes. That was The Greasy Strangler

Did Foxcatcher get any? I have not seen it but (1) I remember it getting rave reviews, especially Steve Carell's performance and (2) considering the movie is about somewhat wrestling (amateur wrestling, but still) you would think it would resonate with some of the voters of this board.

19 minutes ago, Robert s said:

Did Foxcatcher get any? I have not seen it but (1) I remember it getting rave reviews, especially Steve Carell's performance and (2) considering the movie is about somewhat wrestling (amateur wrestling, but still) you would think it would resonate with some of the voters of this board.

1 Vote and 1 HM

As a reminder for folks - you can also check the master list thread - I posted the Q&D full results in that thread that shows all the movies that received votes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

X-Men film series.

8 X-Men films were eligible to vote for.

4 placed while 4 failed to.

The ones that made the countdown in release date order:

X-Men: First Class (2011), X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014), Deadpool (2016) and Logan (2017).

Eligible but missing out in release order:

The Wolverine (2013), X-Men: Apocalypse (2016), Deadpool 2 (2018) and Dark Phoenix (2019).

---

I find it interesting that Deadpool 2 didn't place. Did anybody vote for both? I only voted for Deadpool. I found it leaner, had a better story and was more funny than the sequel. It was a disappointment to me.