DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 10/28/2020

RE: Wardlow / Hangman - again, what's with opponents no-selling monster heel's finishers? Wardlow hits the F10 and Hangman .. rolls out the ring? To use the Lesnar analogy, can you imagine someone just rolling out of the ring after an F5? Otherwise fun & these 2 are great, probably 2 of the best 6 they have.

1 hour ago, A_K said:

RE: Wardlow / Hangman - again, what's with opponents no-selling monster heel's finishers? Wardlow hits the F10 and Hangman .. rolls out the ring? To use the Lesnar analogy, can you imagine someone just rolling out of the ring after an F5? Otherwise fun & these 2 are great, probably 2 of the best 6 they have.

I thought that was pretty smart as far as match layout goes.  It kept Wardlow's finisher strong and possibly showed the experience difference between the two.  Warlow is young and a little out of control, threw Page too far, and Page took advantage of it.  Had he F10'd him in the middle, it would have been a win.  That's good storytelling IMO.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, A_K said:

RE: Wardlow / Hangman - again, what's with opponents no-selling monster heel's finishers? Wardlow hits the F10 and Hangman .. rolls out the ring? To use the Lesnar analogy, can you imagine someone just rolling out of the ring after an F5?

Yes, it's an established thing that happens in Wrestling when they want to have a finisher NOT be the finish.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Craig H said:

Joe Rogan just had on Kanye West, Alex Jones, Tim Dillon, Glen Greenwald, and Gad Saad, but please tell me more about his brilliant opinions. Also, the stupid thing you said didn't even have to do with Roy Nelson. Chuck Taylor is in perfectly good shape. I fucking guarantee 3/4ths of the people on this board wish they were in as good of shape or as athletic as Chuck.

It honestly doesn't help that he's always standing next to Trent who is built like a Greek statue. 

But the 'oh he's so much better built than you' argument is a bad one. He's a professional athlete and I keep my shirt on at the beach much less on national television. It's a relative thing like saying a NFL wide receiver is "slow". I still expect them to beat me in a footrace but they aren't racing me. They're racing against other NFL players. Chuck is going to get compared to other wrestlers and he doesn't compare well.

14 hours ago, Casey said:

AEW isn’t going to get Giulia from Stardom, lol. I’m pretty sure the only joshi they have that works Stardom is Riho, and that was after she had already been in AEW (right?)

Are Stardom contracts exclusive? Do they pay well? Hope we can see more of her at some point.

ElgR9ytVcAALyiA?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I never seen Chuck prior to AEW... I don't get his "bad bod" that i read on this board. He's a perfectly fine pro-wrestler with a sharp tongue. 

Jake didn't have a body... he tried, and Vince told him to stop that.

Exactly.

To be frank, Chuck Taylor does not have a great (or even a good) body by pro wrestling's unrealistic (but also understandable) standards. Joey Janela, either. Hell, Eddie F'n Kingston also doesn't. 

Who gives a crap? They all - particularly Kingston - bring other, valuable, stuff to the table. It's pro wrestling, not bodybuilding. 

• Like 8

6 hours ago, El Gran Gordi said:

Exactly.

To be frank, Chuck Taylor does not have a great (or even a good) body by pro wrestling's unrealistic (but also understandable) standards. Joey Janela, either. Hell, Eddie F'n Kingston also doesn't. 

Who gives a crap? They all - particularly Kingston - bring other, valuable, stuff to the table. It's pro wrestling, not bodybuilding. 

Vinnie Mac would beg to differ...

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Are Stardom contracts exclusive? Do they pay well? Hope we can see more of her at some point.

They generally are though you have some exceptions like when Bea was working Stardom and AEW.

Io & Kairi took pay cuts when they went to WWE/NXT. Jungle Kyona was apparently taking juniors out to expensive dinners and drinking expensive alcohol semi-regularly. From what has been observed Rossy Ogawa was paying his talent decently well, and that was before the Bushiroad buyout which almost certainly lead to higher pay. That said, I'm pretty sure AEW could beat Stardom out in terms of money. I just don't think they are offering high money contracts at the moment, and who knows how long Giulia's contract is.

Edited by Eivion
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

If I was Rossy I wouldn't risk having my talent stuck in a country riddled with a deadly virus that is nearly entirely prohibited from foreign travel. 

I don't think any Japanese talent are spending time outside of Japan until a vaccine is available. 

• Like 1