DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series XXXIV - 11/22/2020

Dolfan in NYC

NXT no longer rates. ? 

The Card!

WWE Champion Drew McIntyre vs. Universal Champion Roman Reigns

Raw Women's Champion Asuka vs. Smackdown Women's Champion Sasha Banks

United States Champion Bobby Lashley vs. Intercontinental Champion Sami Zayn

Raw Tag Team Champions The New Day vs. Smackdown Tag Team Champions The Street Profits

TEAMS OF 5 STRIVE TO SURVIVE~

MEN

AJ Styles / Keith Lee / Sheamus / Braun Strowman / Riddle vs. Kevin Owens / Jey Uso / Seth Rollins / King Corbin / Otis

WOMEN

Shayna Bazler / Nia Jax / Lacey Evans / Peyton Royce / Lana vs. Bianca Bel Air / Ruby Riott / Liv Morgan/ Natalya / Bayley

The Final Farewell (which will lead to his next WrestleMania match)  for the Undertaker

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Andy in Kansas said:

Finally, the renewal of the classic Lashley-Zayn feud we've all been waiting for!

But hey, if Sami manages not to tear his rotator cuffs between now and the PPV, the actual match between the two should be better and more competitive this time around. I mean, it has a bit of a "do-over" value, if nothing else. We get to see them go at it closer to a 100% than last time. I thought Lashley was walking a bit funny at HiaC, so I don't know if he's 100% or not at this point, but whatever.

8 hours ago, Shartnado said:

I was thinking Undertaker fuckery, but probably not.

Let's see, Fiend has beef with Randy, and Undertaker should have beef with Roman for that dogshit Wrestlemania match.  So ...

Fiend teleporting in to Sister Abigail Randy, then Undertaker teleporting in to chokeslam Roman, then a slow turn to face each other might have been awesome if there were crowds.  Don't have them engage, just acknowledge the other and teleport out.  Then have Roman spear Randy to finish semi-clean.

Can do Roman / Undertaker and Fiend / Randy in the short term, and still do a Fiend / Undertaker cinematic match later. 

8 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Let's see, Fiend has beef with Randy, and Undertaker should have beef with Roman for that dogshit Wrestlemania match.  So ...

Fiend teleporting in to Sister Abigail Randy, then Undertaker teleporting in to chokeslam Roman, then a slow turn to face each other might have been awesome if there were crowds.  Don't have them engage, just acknowledge the other and teleport out.  Then have Roman spear Randy to finish semi-clean.

Can do Roman / Undertaker and Fiend / Randy in the short term, and still do a Fiend / Undertaker cinematic match later. 

Absolutely. Unless Undertaker really meant it when he said that was it.

On 10/27/2020 at 3:56 AM, Eivion said:

I'm glad NXT isn't being dragged into this shit. 

They have no reason to participate, as they have already proven "brand superiority" last year, scoring more wins than Raw and Smackdown combined.

Edited by Robert s
  • Like 3

NXT got too over for Vince's tastes last year. I'm glad they're not on the show anyway this year. Takeover Wargames is much better for them anyway.

I hate all these champion vs. champion matches. I would rather they be champion team vs. champion team. US Champion and a team of 4 vs. IC Champion and a team of 4. 

Tag champions and another team vs. Tag champions and another team. I miss the damn elimination matches. That said New Day vs. Street Profits could be one of the best WWE Tag matches in years if it's given time. Lashley vs. Zayn could be a fun one with Bobby getting pissed with Sammy being such a chicken shit.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

NXT got too over for Vince's tastes last year. I'm glad they're not on the show anyway this year. Takeover Wargames is much better for them anyway.

I hate all these champion vs. champion matches. I would rather they be champion team vs. champion team. US Champion and a team of 4 vs. IC Champion and a team of 4. 

Tag champions and another team vs. Tag champions and another team. I miss the damn elimination matches. That said New Day vs. Street Profits could be one of the best WWE Tag matches in years if it's given time. Lashley vs. Zayn could be a fun one with Bobby getting pissed with Sammy being such a chicken shit.

If they insist on doing 4 v 4 then putting all 4 champs on a team makes sense.

Reigns, Zayn & Profits v Orton, Lashley & New Day.

Put the rest of the midcard in random teams like the old days.

• Like 2

That Raw women Survivor Team looks uninteresting Shauna is the only person holding that team together.

The Mens Survivor Series match could be fun.

Survivor Series has been constantly a really good PPV since they split the Rosters again in '16, this one doesn't look good.

I am not tired of Asuka vs Sasha especially since this will probably be their last match against each other for a while, I'm looking forward to this most.

Randy vs Roman could be good but I'm expecting some shenanigans here though

• Like 1

I like the Champion vs. Champion Survivor Series matches even though it's billed as the one night RAW and Smackdown battle conveniently forgetting the Royal Rumble and Wild Cards.

We didn't get WWE Champion vs. WWE Universal Champion last year unlike in 2017 and 2018. Missed that. Sometimes you get a title change which changes the match. Most memorable example was Daniel Bryan beating AJ Styles for the WWE Championship on Smackdown Live making Bryan/Brock WWE Champion vs. WWE Universal Champion at Survivor Series 2018. I don't think we'll get any changes this time round. Most interested in Sasha Banks vs. Asuka and The New Day vs. The Street Profits.

Oh man...

Firefly Funhouse Boneyard Survivor Series match.

The Fiend
Bray Wyatt
Sid
Dan Spivey
The UnderFaker w Million $ Man

vs

The Undertaker
Savio Vega
Rikishi
The Godfather
The ghost of Yokozuna w ghost Mr Fuji

Edited by L_W_P