DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 10/21/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Silver is going to get monster pops when crowds come back (for real).

It’s amazing what can happen when a guy unexpectedly gets himself over...and then the booking let’s him run with it, instead of fighting against it.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, EVA said:

Silver is going to get monster pops when crowds come back (for real).

It’s amazing what can happen when a guy unexpectedly gets himself over...and then the booking let’s him run with it, instead of fighting against it.

Breakout star. John Silver's great.

• Like 3

Tonight's show was another two hours that flew by. I'm very surprised Fenix won when the potential Omega/Penta All In rematch was right there. I really enjoyed Penta/Fenix and Eddie Kingston added to that on commentary. 

Kenny Omega is such a great douchebag. I loved the entrance, the squash, and the post match congratulations for Sonny.

I loved the MJF/Jericho bit. If there's no room for silliness like that in wrestling, then where is there?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Casey said:

I’m fired up just watching the gifs and streamable clips from work.

Insanely excited for Kingston/Moxley. I hope it’s like the Omega match last year but more violent.

This. You know Kingston and Moxley will bring the violence and weapons. Real barbed wire and thumbtacks.

I got excited for a second and thought it was this weekend despite that making zero sense. I was like, "OH SHIT, AEW AND THEN KHABIB/GAETHJE. IS THIS HEAVEN?!" But naw. Nov. 7th. Feels like an eternity away. The election will have come and gone (with the result still not official), the World Series will be over, we'll have had a dozen dick scandals. Another world.

• Like 1

All the King/Mox mic work was top notch.  Glad they aired his post-show stuff from last week.  King was all over the first hour!  And Mox actually had some good retorts to King’s beef.  I’m a little afraid of what they might do at the PPV though.

• Like 2

It probably won't happen, but I'm all for Eddie Kingston winning the I Quit match at this point. Dude is running away with those promos. Glad they aired the off-air one this week. Just feels like they are building the whole show around Kingston now.

Also, I won't stand for anyone trashing Jericho/MJF's musical number. That was one of the greatest things ever.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Infinit said:

Great show!

One thing that really stood out to me was Hangman taking a couple of really gnarly apron bumps. I winced hard.

Cabana/Page is my match of the night. Colt's continual outmaneuvering of Page had the whole building bite on the Superman nearfall. Loved Cabana evading Buckshot three times, only for Page to finally figure him out and hit it after the fake.

P.S. Legit goosebumps on the Moxley promo.

Edited by Dog
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

JOHNNY HUNGY!

That was an incredible episode. John Silver being the unexpected break out star of BTE and now translating that into Dynamite has been great.

MJF / Jericho was “the greatest musical number in the history of our business”.  If nothing else Cornette’s inevitable meltdown over it will be glorious.

Penta / Fenix is always joyous. Great stuff.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, hammerva said:

You were saying?

I am going to assume they got lazy and did what they were going to do Janela.  Which to be fair makes sense as I think Joey in AEW is a lost cause.  Sonny could be a big star if he was given a chance.   Well never mind that after tonight

Getting squashed like that won't be impossible for Sonny to come back from but Sonny has a ceiling as well I think, I just can't buy them being a main eventer.  More potentia than Janela, and plenty of time.  

Hangman loves apron bumps too much, and Penta/Fenix is always awesome.

Edited by alstein

7 hours ago, Jiji said:

oh ya, why did Tully need to be masked?

TK lurks these threads, and he knew we'd all (except for one of us) pop for it NOT being MJF under there.

• Haha 2

That was a fantastic show all over. No FF material, tournament matches were all very different from each other, Lucha Bros finally in featured in high-profile singles competition (salivating for Fenix/Omega), women's match was worthy of its spot, great promos/musical numbers (!) from the best talkers in wrestling (throwing honourable mentions to Taz and Starks).

Years ago (too many) when the Buffy episode 'Once More with Feeling' came out my friends used to joke about what a Musical version of Raw would look like and who would get most over. Lo and behold, Jericho breaks the mould again and actually does it.

I'll add to the chorus of Silver fans. He's got a some of that lovable Crash Holly energy, but at least doesn't have to worry about JR calling him Elroy Jetson.

Edit to add: I forgot to mention, there were so many storylines kicked along in efficient and effective ways (Mox/Eddie, Darby/Starks, MJF/Inner Circle, Colt and Dark Order, Omega's attitude, Hardy/Sammy, Bucks/FTR and on and on) 

Edited by Custos
  • Like 2

Everything involving Moxley and Kingston was solid gold. I don't even want them to get physical between now and Full Gear. Just keep giving me promos like this and I'll give you my money. 

And also pure money was the introduction of Kenny Omega. This is an Omega I can get behind, and the line about how he once wrestled in north carolina was hilarious. And then he just kicked Sonny's ass, which was needed if he's leveling up. More of this, please.

I know there are some people who are going to rave about the song and dance, but I'll be the out of touch old man and not get it at all. I like Jericho, I like MJF but my god did I hate this. But I'll file this under "clearly not for me" and go yell at some clouds

• Like 3