DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 10/21/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Please Tully Blanchard....please show up at the steak dinner and give MJF a handshake or something. I know you and FTR probably won’t have MJF as part of the Apocalypse until at some point during Full Gear...but we need you Mr. Tully Blanchard to give MJG a wink or a nod...something...

...tonight. 

Edited by Flair’s Shadow

What I really want to see from a new, young, progressive wrestling company:

1. Good wrestling

2. Smart booking

3. Wrestlers getting opportunities that maybe wouldn't have gotten before

4. Commitment to not insulting fans' intelligence

19,342,879.  Another Four Horsemen retread

• Like 6

Kenny already gave Janela a mile within the last 12 months. I'm hoping this match is less competitive and is just Kenny being a piece of shit for less than 10 minutes while he destroys Janela.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

Kenny already gave Janela a mile within the last 12 months. I'm hoping this match is less competitive and is just Kenny being a piece of shit for less than 10 minutes while he destroys Janela.

If BTE is any indication I think Kenny is going to make quick work of Janela to establish whatever he's changing to.  With all that's being advertised for the show he can do a quick squash and all would be well.

And since things were fine when linking to it in last week's general wrestling thread if you guys want to chat while the show's going on I setup a Discord chat server at  https://discord.gg/kyBKaHE.

14 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

If BTE is any indication I think Kenny is going to make quick work of Janela to establish whatever he's changing to.  With all that's being advertised for the show he can do a quick squash and all would be well.

That's a great idea -- they kind of do need to reestablish Omega as a main-event level talent.  This doesn't need to be Steve Austin/Spike Dudley or anything but it should really be decisive and quick to address the show timing issues brought up by others.

• Like 1

I am worried about this steak dinner angle. Last week's back and forth was not good. High cringe potential and I don't want that from AEW. MJF is getting way too cute with a lot of this stuff, but in saying that I thought the jackets were a nice touch. Trying to cause friction and get between Jericho and Sammy is good shit.

Kenny should hit a V-Trigger and a OWA on Janela and that's it.

What is the main event? None of them scream main event, despite thinking Rey/Penta would do just fine in that slot. Jungle Boy and Wardlow is probably closest but neither is really slotted in at that level. They usually start with big spotfests so I could see the 4 way tag opening. 

• Like 2

I don’t mind that. But if you don’t keep this stuff a secret, there just isn’t a way to do it without it being seen as silly today. I’ve seen it work a few times in the past decade where the news didn’t come out until a few weeks afterward, so they were able to kayfabe write the act off TV. This one was just impossible without the wrestler available to do it in a moments notice.

Hopefully this can be used somehow in storyline. Maybe this upsets Joey that he lost another big opportunity.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

If Omega and Penta win, we'll get an All In rematch in the semis. And one of only two All In rematches they could do without any hassle.

Janela vs Hangman being the other one. The past is another country.

That was a great episode. The Jericho & MJF segment had me thinking this was something you’d see on RAW. The fake restaurant, the fake chatter, but no it was all a ruse for a musical number. I’ve never seen anything like it, and it helped that both... Well MJF can only sing, but Jericho gets the gist.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EVA said:

Omega/Kiss is a way more interesting match to me.

You were saying?

I am going to assume they got lazy and did what they were going to do Janela.  Which to be fair makes sense as I think Joey in AEW is a lost cause.  Sonny could be a big star if he was given a chance.   Well never mind that after tonight

Edited by hammerva

Holy shit, that felt like ten episodes in one. MJF outsang and performed Jericho. I don't care what I said beforehand, that was great. Kenny's new gimmick is perfect. Should've been Janela but oh well. Fenix and Pentagon are crazy fuckers. It was too much but the occasional overindulgence is fine. The tag match was chaos too but there was a story told with the Bucks keeping it alive and then taking over at the end. Hangman/Cabana looked good but I wasn't into it too much. Nice finish that was set up very well. Mox and Kingston were gold on the mic and Kingston helped a lot to put over Fenix/Penta, his storyline, shat on JR, and put the match over. MVP performance.

Next week has two PPV calibre matches and the PPV is probably going to be their most stacked to date, right?

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, hammerva said:

You were saying?

I am going to assume they got lazy and did what they were going to do Janela.  Which to be fair makes sense as I think Joey in AEW is a lost cause.  Sonny could be a big star if he was given a chance.   Well never mind that after tonight

They timed it for just that length, so they couldn’t back out of the booking.

• Like 1