DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 10/7/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Poor Ridge, just a total freak injury there.  Speaking of, doesn't seem like Finn's going to be missing too much time so he's most likely not dropping the title.

Good to see Ember moving around so quickly after her injury.  She definitely had an extra pep in her step.

Seems like they're setting up a bit more story-lines than usual between the Dain/Drake, Dexter/Grimes, Gargano's "adopting" Indi Hartwell and Xia Li getting a mysterious letter.

• Like 1

Ciampa/Kushida was pretty solid before Dream got involved.

I like that they are finally doing something with Indi Hartwell. The Garganos have been some of the better characters the past few months so it will be interesting to see where they go with it.

Dain/Drake as the latest odd couple tag team has been fun.

Shotzi hosting HH is neat though it kind of disappoints me since I assume it means she won't be in an actual match. Curious to see where things lead with Xia.

Ridge/Burch was nice. The post match brawl with Ridge and Oney was somehow even better. Really hoping Ridge isn't as hurt as it seems. He has been damn impressive in NXT, and the stuff with UE & 1-2 had some real potential. Really sucks to see this happen just as things are picking up for him.

Rhea/Ember vs. Kai/Raquel was good as expected. Ember had little rust, but she was moving around pretty damn well and looked solid overall. The way she adjusted that powerbomb even as things looked like they were going wrong was impressive. That could have ended badly for her & Kai had not managed. Raquel continues to look awesome every time she is in the ring. I'm going to be both sad and excited when she finally breaks off from Dakota to strike out on her on.

Thought this was a good episode. More story focused than in ring action, but what we got from both sides was still pretty nice.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Eivion said:

Really hoping Ridge isn't as hurt as it seems. He has been damn impressive in NXT, and the stuff with UE & 1-2 had some real potential. Really sucks to see this happen just as things are picking up for him.

The massive aircast they put on his leg pretty much guarantees a break or dislocation either in the lower leg or ankle, unfortunately. I would say let's hope for a clean break as that generally can heal faster than ligament/tendon damage.

Edited by Peck
  • Sad 1

I wish Ridge Holland well, but....

ridge

Look I'm not an expert on catching wrestlers, but I squat and I have old man knees and I'm pretty sure I'd want to have my feet planted pretty firmly down for that.

(I'd wear pads/sleeves too tbh. Greg Valentine didn't have to catch dives as far as I cam remember)

Edited by RunningFromAmerica
Pads/Sleeves

Yeah, fracture and dislocation not only in the left ankle but also a right knee dislocation and tendon damage as well. Yikes. I'd say that leans more towards the worst-case scenario.

In this week's NXT injury report, it was announced that Holland suffered a left ankle dislocation and fracture and a right knee patellar dislocation and patellar tendon rupture. It was said that the knee dislocation was put back into place at ringside and the ankle dislocation was put back into place in the emergency room.

WWE announced that Holland underwent surgery today.

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, Peck said:

Yeah, fracture and dislocation not only in the left ankle but also a right knee dislocation and tendon damage as well. Yikes. I'd say that leans more towards the worst-case scenario.

Oh for fuck's sake! That is just absolutely terrible! Dammit! As soon as someone awesome gets some traction, an injury like this happens. Just heartbreaking for Holland! Cursed indeed.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Peck said:

Bloody hell. That's bad. Best wishes to Ridge Holland on a speedy recovery.

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

EjxZa4KWkAApfbp?format=jpg&name=large

For my friend, @gatling. Good to see Ember Moon back in the ring as she said the Achilles tendon tear might be a career ender.

I know Ember Moon just went back to NXT, but collectively their aesthetic works and I honestly think they should be the ones to beat Jax/Baszler.

Edited by RunningFromAmerica
  • Like 2