DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown is Batman: TAS - 10/2/2020

Dolfan in NYC

I'm good with the Fiend and Alexa making their alignment official finally. I assume KO is the next Fiend feud. I wonder if this means Alexa and Bray are heading to Raw or is KO heading to Smackdown. I kind of hope Aleister gets brought in and aligned with Bray as well to explain his heel turn.

The opening segment with Roman and Jey was another good one. The Jey/AJ was pretty solid as well.

Sasha & Bayley finishing up their feud on tv is totally bullshit. Hearing that was the only real negative thing on an otherwise solid show for me. Sasha promo was a decent one as well. I'd like to think they are swerving us, but with the mention of the draft they seemed to be all but confirming one of them is moving to Raw. Really hope I'm wrong as there is no excuse for this not taking place in a HITC match.

Not quite sure what Carmella's new gimmick is supposed to be, but I'm willing to give it a chance I suppose.

Honestly wasn't paying a super amount of attention to Jeff/Sami. I probably should have since what I saw was generally solid.

Big E vs. Sheamus happening next week in a FCA match should be fun. Hopefully whatever court stuff they do with Otis has him being law savvy and destroying Miz and his lawyer. Wouldn't be a fun segment otherwise.

Edited by Eivion

Watching Roman manipulate Jey was amazing. He starts with the 'it hurt me more than it hurt you' spiel. He just wanted to help his cousin earn main event money for his wife and children.  All the pain could have been prevented if Jey would acknowledge Roman as tribal chief. 

Then Roman flips the story. Says Jey embarrassed the family and in turn, broke Roman's heart. Makes it seem like his cousin is overly obsessed with the title. Gives Jey another title match at HIAC. If Jey accepts though, the consequences will go far beyond what anyone can imagine. 

Then Roman gives his cousin a hug as he whispers not to accept the offer.

Which he knows Jey will.

Which gives Roman the excuse of demolishing Jey beyond hope this time.

Jey walked into Roman's trap. The match at CoC was just a preview. The actual bloodbath is on October 25.

• Like 8

the plan ought to be "Sasha is moved to RAW and will thus never* get a title bout with Bayley (cue top-notch gloating from Dos Straps over having successfully ducked Banks) unless Sasha wins the Royal Rumble, which she of course does" since they're more than worthy of a Wrestlemania conclusion after all this time.

but that kind of narrative patience seems in short supply these days

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BobbyWhioux said:

but that kind of narrative patience seems in short supply these days

No kidding.  Every wrestler has Wolverine's healing abilities.   I gave up all hope of WWE playing the long game when John Cena was "fired" but then actually never missed a fucking episode. 

Totally fine if they put Sasha/Bayley on free TV. I cancelled the network a few months ago and really want to see this match and not pay for it. 

I never understood why people like us — the customers— gets bent out of shape when wrestling companies give out their product for free. No one would turn down a free iPad.

1 hour ago, Greggulator said:

Totally fine if they put Sasha/Bayley on free TV. I cancelled the network a few months ago and really want to see this match and not pay for it. 

I never understood why people like us — the customers— gets bent out of shape when wrestling companies give out their product for free. No one would turn down a free iPad.

When it comes to WWE I understand the mentality because the television matches are almost always BS finishes leading to the next PPV. The hope is that a big match on a big card will have more care put into it but that doesn't seem to happen much in WWE either. 

8 hours ago, Greggulator said:

Colour me shocked that someone I consider as pro WWE as anyone on this board canceled the Network.

They are positioning next week's show as an "important" show, with it being a draft show so them doing Bayley/Sasha makes sense. Have Bayley weasel her way out cheaply with a dq or count out, have Sasha drafted to Raw, and do the Rumble/Mania build that was mentioned before. Easy peasy. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Eivion said:

Moral reasons were the biggest reasons if I recall correctly.

Mostly moral reasons, yes.

But right when the shutdown happened, the job I was working at the time enforced a pretty steep pay cut. I trimmed the fat on a lot of what we were spending money on and that was on the list. I actually somehow landed a new job during all of this mess and realize that I am a very lucky person.

• Like 4