DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCT 2020

Flair’s Shadow

34 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Okada and Tanahashi flat out need a break and extended time off more than a spell elsewhere. SANADA comes to mind when I think of someone in NJPW who needs another excursion type experience. And Ishii because I basically want to see Ishii vs everyone.

SANADA is an interesting case. He's smooth as silk in the ring but some of his go-to spots are still ugly. He seems like he has charisma to spare but doesn't seem to really connect with the fans, at least not to a point where he could effectively run as the top guy. I'd be interested to see how he'd do with a big time American audience for sure, guys like Tanahashi exude so much charm they can easily cross barriers but I wonder about SANADA. And I'd like to see Ishii lariat the world if I could.

4 hours ago, Godfrey said:

SANADA is an interesting case. He's smooth as silk in the ring but some of his go-to spots are still ugly. He seems like he has charisma to spare but doesn't seem to really connect with the fans, at least not to a point where he could effectively run as the top guy. I'd be interested to see how he'd do with a big time American audience for sure, guys like Tanahashi exude so much charm they can easily cross barriers but I wonder about SANADA. And I'd like to see Ishii lariat the world if I could.

Sanada was in Impact for like 2 years. He got over way better than Okada did.

23 minutes ago, AxB said:

Sanada was in Impact for like 2 years. He got over way better than Okada did.

I said 'big time American audience' so I don't know if that counts. But I take your point, I was not watching TNA then.

Edited by Godfrey

It’s was brought up already, but I agree. A few of New Japan’s stars need a break from the promotion. It’s great that Okada has stuck around for so long, but he’s done everything. And constantly artificially stretching it out isn’t working this time with the no rainmaker offense like it did with the dumb pants a couple of years ago.

5 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Indie show, but check out this superstar pop.

The fact that the pop/response was that loud in spite of the building only being 30 percent capacity and everyone wearing masks made it even more impressive. 

And whether its 2021 or 2022, I really hope someone runs that building again when we are able to do full capacity shows, that building's acoustics sound like it would be 80s Crockett-level insanity with every seat filled. 

• Like 1