DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2020 WRESTLING GIFS

Yeah the color scheme immediately made me think Taz. I guess none of us noticed the 'T' on his boot.

EDIT: And here's the match! 

EDIT: Ouch. This is the match where Taz's neck got broken by the spike piledriver. I didn't know until they started talking about it afterwards; no wonder he was on the apron so long. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Yeah the color scheme immediately made me think Taz. I guess none of us noticed the 'T' on his boot.

EDIT: And here's the match! 

EDIT: Ouch. This is the match where Taz's neck got broken by the spike piledriver. I didn't know until they started talking about it afterwards; no wonder he was on the apron so long. 

I dont feel like watching it again; I'd just seen this on a rewatch with a friend of mine via PS chat, and yes, I knew this was the neckbreak match, but this thing goes on way too long with false finishes. If they cut time and obviously if Taz wasn't hurt, it'd probably be a great one.

It's kinda cut up. They do these fadeouts to white to cover the clips, which I guess was an old ECW thing. Really it strikes me as just a series of big moves and spots more than anything, with each guy taking turns showing their trademark stuff. Joey goes on about how the two teams hate each other but aside from Scorp pulling up on pins there isn't anything to show that. Some really nice armdrags from Eddie though. 

10 hours ago, The Natural said:

Kazuchika Okada vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi from NJPW King of Pro-Wrestling 2013 is a ***** match. Ditto for the match at NJPW Invasion Attack 2013. I'm in the minority preferring the KOPW to IA match.

Was this the one that Meltzer said Tanahashi was definitely winning and then New Japan said he had no idea? If it is, then I'm with you as everyone was so sure Tana was instead so it was a good shock that Okada retained. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

It's kinda cut up. They do these fadeouts to white to cover the clips, which I guess was an old ECW thing. Really it strikes me as just a series of big moves and spots more than anything, with each guy taking turns showing their trademark stuff. Joey goes on about how the two teams hate each other but aside from Scorp pulling up on pins there isn't anything to show that. Some really nice armdrags from Eddie though. 

Maybe I'm thinking of another match. But I do remember there being and overuse of falses.

For context: Candy Lee is a female wrestler from New Zealand who grew up on the Diva era of WWE women's wrestling and Kelly Kelly was (and still is) her all-time favourite wrestler and role model. Candy was listed at number 92 in the PWI Women's 100, and by way of congratulation, one of her fans bought this:

9 hours ago, AxB said:

For context: Candy Lee is a female wrestler from New Zealand who grew up on the Diva era of WWE women's wrestling and Kelly Kelly was (and still is) her all-time favourite wrestler and role model. Candy was listed at number 92 in the PWI Women's 100, and by way of congratulation, one of her fans bought this:

That was actually a super nice thing for that particular fan to do.

I'm pretty lax on these lately but just three for this match. Le Big Chief vs Lino Di Santo. It means I'm leaving out Big Chief's missed dive off the top rope (1959) and Di Santo's cool headbutts to the hands in the corner.

3Q5j1O.gif

This is a revenge spot after Chief tossed him to the mat twice like this:

nxpY5W.gif

Chief had a way of just manhandling Di Santo in ways that were less spots and just more bits of creative meanness. This was ALMOST something you'd consider a move and it set up his knee-to the back dragon sleeper finish.

r8wEk4.gif

• Like 4