DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2020 WRESTLING GIFS

tumblr_nvwwvqJmNh1rohh3go1_400.gif

WZ7Fdnv.gif

Five years today, Bayley vs. Sasha Banks Iron Woman match at NXT TakeOver: Respect 2015. First women's match to main event a major WWE show. I've always preferred it to the NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn 2015 match as it's better, callbacks to their previous match and Sasha Banks heeling including mocking Izzy snatching her bow and making her cry. *****. I'll be watching it later.

Edited by The Natural

I never quite recovered from having to reformat my laptop a few weeks ago and now it feels daunting to go back and grab gifs, but I have a few moving forward.

Arabet Said vs Pierre Lecoq this week. Lecoq had been working over Said's arm. Long-term selling in 50s France is not really a thing but the short term selling can be very good. Here Said has to protect his arm and does so by going through the legs and getting a super smooth leglock.

lx31X1.gif

If he had done a 619 here, he might have gotten out of it earlier:

lx316j.gif

When Said does get an advantage, he's super quick and desperate in trying to keep it:

vl31x5.gif

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Eivion said:

So they aren't really embellishing in those vignettes as far as her physical abilities go. They may even be underselling her.

The crazy thing about this is that as dominant as that video makes her look, she went to 3 different schools and it took her 6 years to become an All-American in track and field in college.  It's like my cousin who got a full ride as a D-1 cornerback told me, "dude, before I got to college I had no idea how fast that fast is...and I'm fast."  There was a conversation on Twitter earlier this week about whether Tyreek Hill, who is about as spectacular of an athlete as exists in the NFL and whether or not he could be an Olympic sprinter.  The answer is most likely no, for what it's worth, they can't do what he does either, but that's a whole different level of speed.  She's an incredible athlete, who makes great athletes look inferior, but there are people in this world who can make her look as bad as she made those poor girls look.  With that said, she's the best female athlete they've had by leaps and bounds.  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, supremebve said:

The crazy thing about this is that as dominant as that video makes her look, she went to 3 different schools and it took her 6 years to become an All-American in track and field in college.  It's like my cousin who got a full ride as a D-1 cornerback told me, "dude, before I got to college I had no idea how fast that fast is...and I'm fast."  There was a conversation on Twitter earlier this week about whether Tyreek Hill, who is about as spectacular of an athlete as exists in the NFL and whether or not he could be an Olympic sprinter.  The answer is most likely no, for what it's worth, they can't do what he does either, but that's a whole different level of speed.  She's an incredible athlete, who makes great athletes look inferior, but there are people in this world who can make her look as bad as she made those poor girls look.  With that said, she's the best female athlete they've had by leaps and bounds.  

It reminds me of in college at the Univ of Miami when I'd play basketball against the football players and basketball players. Those guys were just other worldly athletes compared to everyone else. I played intramural games against guys on our football team and they were just so much bigger and faster than everyone it was insane. For instance, I'm sure that if you follow football, you've heard of Vince Wilfork. He was like a 350lb dude as a freshman and was probably 6'1 max. He would routinely dunk the basketball. That's crazy athleticism for a guy that size and body type. And my team was pretty good as we had some former high school players and we would routinely smoke the other shlub teams. But anytime we played the team that had the football players, they'd kill us because there was just nothing we could do to them. And whenever the actual basketball players played pick-up games it was just insanely unfair. The scrub guys on the basketball team would just school everyone because they'd never miss. Now imagine those guys and the fact that 95% of them weren't good enough to play in the NBA.

Edited by cwoy2j
  • Like 3

Look, you guys have a special place in my heart, but why do you spend time watching Kevin Dunn jump cuts every week instead of this?

vl33NL.gif

There's some cool finger manipulation after this (and then the ref pulling him off and then Said getting violent again, etc) but I love the little shot to the arm here:

wV31yr.gif

When the fake out doesn't work:

q733Gk.gif

• Like 3