DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2020 WRESTLING PHOTOS

15 hours ago, The Natural said:

EjL_oPPWkAA3uPp?format=jpg&name=small

NOT THE BEES, PLIERS!!!

To be honest, in that position, either fate would be absolutely terrifying! Not that Nicolas Cage would have liked it any better, if they went "Well, ok, not the bees then. We're not monsters. Bring the pliers, instead!" in Wicker Man, either!

• Like 1

Not really into the idea of Bayley/Sasha being Hell in a Cell.  Seems like they're hotshotting the feud.  I'd be ok with Sasha still being out to sell the beating Bayley gave her, but.....  Roman and Jey being hotshotted to a HiaC match makes some feud because of the family connection and because Roman is only giving Jey another shot so he can try and brutalize Jey as much as possible.

Hopefully, they go the route someone on her suggested.  Bayley retains somehow but is drafted to Raw.  Sasha wins RR to get another shot, and finally takes the title at WM.  I don't have any confidence they'll go that route, though.  I won't be surprised is Sasha wins and the feud is dropped.

6 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

WWE is not going to do year long builds anymore.  John Cena was "fired" and never missed a show.  

It's really an indictment of how little the company has changed that we still consider this worthy of bringing up to demonstrate how little they give a shit. 

Believe it or not, that was ten years ago. Fuck this company. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Andy in Kansas said:

It's really an indictment of how little the company has changed that we still consider this worthy of bringing up to demonstrate how little they give a shit. 

Believe it or not, that was ten years ago. Fuck this company. 

Yes, Team WWE vs. Team Nexus at SummerSlam 2010 and the above, Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett at Survivor Series 2010 with Cena as special guest referee. 2010 was a bad year for WWE.

22 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

WWE is not going to do year long builds anymore.  John Cena was "fired" and never missed a show.  

I mean, I'd settle for a six-month build but we don't even get that anymore.  Most feuds last a PPV cycle or two, if that.

I even miss the WM builds of 10-15 years ago. when the company would start building WrestleMania storylines in January.  Now, they give a title match or two a three-month build and slap the rest of the card together in mid-Match.

Edited by Eoae

10 hours ago, Eoae said:

I mean, I'd settle for a six-month build but we don't even get that anymore.  Most feuds last a PPV cycle or two, if that.

I even miss the WM builds of the 2010's. when the company would start building storylines in January.  Now, they give a title match or two a three-month build and slap the rest of the card together in mid-Match.

Thats how they book Post Mania 2 to 3 months of PPV rematches with different stipulations. Feuds usually do have any energy the matches are just booked to fit the given gimmick themed PPV.

If Nexus had went over when they needed to, the year would've been much better.