DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2020 WRESTLING TALK

On 10/10/2020 at 5:32 PM, AxB said:

So AJ Gray and ACH just had the closest thing you'll see to a 4 Pillars match outside of Japan 25 years ago. It was AMAZING~!

Man,  I don't know. I was only half paying attention, but it seemed like they wandered around a lot between spots, and there were times when ACH was visibly smiling when he really shouldn't have been.

I much preferred ACH vs. Lio Rush, although that was obviously a completely different style.

11 minutes ago, Casey said:

She's a yoga instructor.

Yeah, I just read more about it. Google is my friend. He really seems like a total piece of garbage with no redeeming qualities or reason to be employed.

Edited by Ryan
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Technico Support said:

In other depressing news, Drake ("Younger") Wuertz is apparently a Qanon supporter.  Between this and Lars asking a yoga instructor for butt pix, should the dumpster fire thread be resurrected?

There was news from Fightful last night about NXT talent/PC trainees being afraid to return to the Performance Center because certain coaches, staff and talent are "COVID truthers" and aren't taking it seriously or abiding by safety protocols. The report went on to say that talent was told they wouldn't have heat for not wanting to train, but might have to explain why to Vince himself. As you can imagine, no one has said anything.

How much do you wanna bet Drake is one of those COVID truthers?

• Sad 1

Dammit, not Drake, he always seemed like the nicest damn guy listening to him or anyone else talk about him. Why's he gotta fall into that shit? I blame his old crew, the state of Indiana and AJ Styles for good measure.

3 minutes ago, Andy in Kansas said:

Punches are fine, but Eric would clearly prefer receiving compliments for his kicks. 

Well, yeah, but then he couldn't be a DVDVR favorite.  No one has ever kicked their way into popularity with this crew.  Several wrestlers have punched their way.

(Granted, Eric isn't a favorite with the board anyways.  All the more reason to work on his punches!)

37 minutes ago, Casey said:

There was news from Fightful last night about NXT talent/PC trainees being afraid to return to the Performance Center because certain coaches, staff and talent are "COVID truthers" and aren't taking it seriously or abiding by safety protocols. The report went on to say that talent was told they wouldn't have heat for not wanting to train, but might have to explain why to Vince himself. As you can imagine, no one has said anything.

Well we know that Drake and Road Dogg are.  Not sure about the others.  

37 minutes ago, Casey said:

What a company.  Jesus.

24 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Dammit, not Drake, he always seemed like the nicest damn guy listening to him or anyone else talk about him. Why's he gotta fall into that shit? I blame his old crew, the state of Indiana and AJ Styles for good measure.

Yeah, it sucks.  I've been trying to write something about things he'd apparently posted about in his (now deleted) Twitter account but everything I wrote might come across as too political for this spot so I'll just leave it.

44 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

would it be leaning into the scandal if they introduce a Lars Yoga gimmick?

They could give him a DDP spoof gimmick and call him "Positively Lars". As a bonus, they can always change it into a COVID gimmick and change the name to "Lars Positive".

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Robert s said:

They could give him a DDP spoof gimmick and call him "Positively Lars". As a bonus, they can always change it into a COVID gimmick and change the name to "Lars Positive".

Lars Positive sounds like something that would be accompanied by bumps.  And I don't mean wrestlers falling down.

• Thanks 1

Me:

Turns on Raw. 

Sees Lars Sullivan.

Turns off Raw. 

Turns on Raw again. 

Sees Rollins TALKING ABOUT Lars Sullivan. 

Jesus Jumping Fuck. What is this? Did Vince read the Internet this morning and say "FUCK THOSE GODDAMNED SNOWFLAKES I'LL BOOK WHOEVER I WANT" over his morning steak wrap laced with cocaine? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 10/7/2020 at 2:11 AM, Casey said:

So, doing some back tracking - Mero debuted at WrestleMania in 1996, so I looked for house shows after that date in LA in 1996. Nothing came up, so if Cagematch is to be believed, then this story took place on the January 5th 1997 house show. Every card in California in 1996 was him versus Savio Vega in a No DQ match, smack-dab in the middle of the card, and sometimes even with Marc Mero slotted above him in the match order. Early 1997 he had some matches against Undertaker and Michaels, but none of them occurred in LA until 1/5/97.

On that 1997 house show, he faced (and beat) Shawn Michaels, and by that time he had already turned the corner into the anti-hero babyface badass, feuded with Bret Hart, and was about two weeks away from winning the Royal Rumble. The only thing that doesn't add up is them booking him in the middle of the card so he can get a head start on driving to TV. Unless he just did angles or interviews the next night, which wouldn't be listed on Cagematch obviously. And I just looked, and the RAW from 1/6/97 was taped on 12/30/96. So that doesn't add up.

I'd say by 1997 he was well within the territory of "Vince will let him do whatever he wants".

I was at that house show. IIRC, the semi-main was Bret vs. Vader, and both matches ended up being shmozzes.

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Jesus Jumping Fuck. What is this? Did Vince read the Internet this morning and say "FUCK THOSE GODDAMNED SNOWFLAKES I'LL BOOK WHOEVER I WANT" over his morning steak wrap laced with cocaine? 

Not sure how aware they are of the most recent stuff with Lars. Beyond that, WWE has kept Dream & Theory who are worse with one of them getting way more attention for still being around. Until Dream is gone I doubt they will get rid of Lars.

Edited by Eivion

So you know how WWE clamped down on wrestlers making money off of outside sources like Cameo? And how they're trying to monetize them using things like Twitch? Well, here's something for ya. 

Zelina Vega has an Onlyfans page. 

Now it's just her cosplay stuff and nothing more. But with what she's charging for custom stuff she's gonna make some serious bank.

Is this me making more out of than it should be? Maybe. But I'll be curious to see how long this remains a thing. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1