DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 9/30/2020

Dolfan in NYC

BONUS Tazz Jones Count for 09/30/20: 1 (Skateboard)

Holy crap that was one of the best episodes of Dynamite I've ever seen. It had everything, a Chaos Project push, BILLY MITCHELL, Dancin' John Silver, Hobbs/Cage HOSS FIGHT, Hangman being drunk and sad, Sammy not getting a jacket, MJF possibly joining the Inner Circle, and The Butcher getting a main event push.

Next week looks even more stacked.

Edited by The Green Meanie
  • Like 2

AEW continues to book matches that if you went back in time and told people would happen, they’d think you’re crazy.

WWE’s Dean Ambrose will face the guitarist from Every Time I Die in a world title match on TNT. And it won’t completely suck!

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

That 2nd hour was setup with the NBA Finals in mind. Still a great episode I feel. Even if the 2nd hour felt like they edited the lesser matches together. They all felt like they accomplished something. I wonder if the ADR was designed to hide how these matches were originally supposed to be positioned.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

There was definitely edits done to commentary, specifically during the Britt Baker vs Red Velvet match. You could hear the pitch in Excalibur’s voice change a few times.

Speaking of - I will now campaign for Red Velvet to be signed, as well as KiLynn King. That was a great match.

• Like 1

That was the best Britt Baker's ever looked. Maybe the Shida match was better, but tonight it seemed like she put all the pieces together and finally "got it." Ring work looked smooth and hurty, great character stuff between spots, total confidence and no hesitation.

• Like 3

This might be recency bias but I think that’s the best any of AEW’s big men have looked in a singles match. I hope he gets some wins on Dynamite soon.

I liked Cody’s promo and the brawl was pretty good. The Brandi part was awkward and not good though.

FTR is such a good tag team. The most coherent tag match on Dynamite in a while. I really don’t understand why the Young Bucks are doing the bully heel thing.

The Jericho MJF thing is intriguing. I’m pretty sure this will lead to MJF eventually screwing over Jericho at some point but it’ll be interesting to see when and how.

Good to see Baker back. She and Red Velvet worked well together. I'm glad Velvet got a chance to show out on TV, between her and Anna Jay brawling with Brandi they have great prospects to build with. I laughed when Nyla Rose got involved just to beat people.

Starks/Allin was really good too. Big match for Hobbs next week, they seem high on him I wonder if they'll have him take it this early. Cage can bounce back from a loss too. Should be interesting.

• Like 1

Team Taz needs the win, so I can’t see Hobbs winning. That will be a fun live match. Speaking of live, I’m not so sure they should do the Dog Collar match so soon. Still, they really want to stress through booking that the TNT Title is an elite TV belt. So I can understand.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Butcher did look a little lost at times. But I think he pulled it together the rest of the way. Regardless, I wouldn’t build a singles career on that match. But I can see him providing Hobbs with a recovery win after he takes the loss against Cage next week.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Excellent episode. Always love Cody bringing the fire on the mic. The pull apart brawl was pretty awesome and chaotic. Thought SCU had a great showing against FTR, digging Kazarian getting some shine lately. Darby/Starks ruled, loved the mid-air spear spot. I am hyped for Jericho vs. Dr. LUTHER!, perfect for Jericho's 30 years. Thought Jericho/Kassidy was really good & better than expected.  Good to see Dr. Britt back. Thought the main event was real fun, Moxley is the man. 

Edited by DreamBroken

Making my way through this right now but holy shit that first 30 minutes was incredible. Darby/Starks ruled! Perfect 15 minute sprint that felt very suitably violent for a blowoff but definitely leaves something in the bag for an inevitable rematch. Love Darby's determination and focusing on a body part as a face being both something different that works and very sound in terms of psychology with his finishes. That counter spear was perfection.

Excalibur HATES the Bucks kicking old guys whom then make hilarious sounds. First Marvez and now Tony with legendary death rattles that could rival bright red or deep purple Shane McMahon (thinking particularly of the Zayn/Owens beatdown from a couple years back).

That pull apart brawl was spectacular and felt just the right amount of chaos. Nyla beating the shit outta job girl made me so happy. It's exactly what she should be doing.

• Like 2