DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 9/30/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Fun show. Not sure it's technically a babyface-turn type of program but I really enjoyed Adam Cole sticking up for KOR and beating the hell out of the young, mouthy Austin Theory. The KOR video has me rooting for him as well. And it was cool seeing some G1 footage mixed in there.

Priest and Io have some good on-screen chemistry too. I still cringe every time she does a moonsault though. She's batting about .150 as far as hitting them clean since she's been in NXT.

And while we're on cringing, I have no idea what Dakota and Shotzi were trying to accomplish on the apron but it almost ended with Shotzi in a neck collar for a very long time. Wrestling gods were on her side tonight.

Edited by Peck

They're laying on the "UE stick together" stuff so thick that I'm totally expecting them to turn on O'Reilly at Takeover.

Cameron Grimes continues to be the most entertaining guy on the roster.  He's really a redneck Wiley E Coyote.

Otherwise, pretty great show were everything flowed smoothly with no real dead spots.

That Shotzi Blackheart/ Dakota Kai match was fucking awesome.  And I agree with the What The Fuck Were They Doing On The Apron sentiment.

• Like 1

Shotzi/Dakota was nice as expected.

Cameron Grimes is one of the more fun characters on NXT. I have no idea what he did to anger Ridge Holland, but I appreciate his willingness to be murdered for it.

The talking segments for Cruiserweight & NXT Titles were both solid. O'Reilly is a fine talker. Kind of surprised they haven't had him speak more before now. Does feel like hey are setting up O'Reilly to get Evolutioned.

Xia/Kayden was fine. I am curious when Xia will finally go full heel. I will feel slightly sorry for Kayden & Kacy when it happens though at the same time I am admittedly hoping she completely destroys them.

The mixed tag was pretty fun. Io & Priest had way better chemistry than I would have guessed.

51 minutes ago, Peck said:

And while we're on cringing, I have no idea what Dakota and Shotzi were trying to accomplish on the apron but it almost ended with Shotzi in a neck collar for a very long time. Wrestling gods were on her side tonight.

18 minutes ago, DEAN said:

That Shotzi Blackheart/ Dakota Kai match was fucking awesome.  And I agree with the What The Fuck Were They Doing On The Apron sentiment.

13 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Looks like she was trying to do a Slice Bread #2 but didn't rotate enough or she's just doing her per-requisite dumb, dangerous move of the match.

This. Shotzi's singles matches have been very good, but damn doe she seem to try to kill herself at least once every time. I'm starting to suspect like Sasha Banks she is inspired by 90s joshi.

• Like 1

The O Reilly stuff was great and I think you’ve got some decent angles set up if he wins or loses. NXT probably becomes a lot more interesting if he wins and UE turns on him but I’m sure they’ll want Balor to have a decent run.