DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2020 - FALL FRENZY~

Dolfan in NYC

56 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

well this game didnt start well for the Braves

Just gave up 11 runs in the first

Well, this would be a good time to invoke the "Once a season rule", and let Acuna bat 11 times like they do in Crickett... Oh, wait... There isn't any such... Ah, you guys just hate on the Braves...

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It's 15-0 in the Top of the 3rd

The Braves should just start using position players to pitch to save the pen since there are no days off

One more way in which picking up Pablo off the scrap heap was a brilliant move

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So is Clayton Kershaw the Dusty Baker of pitchers?  One of the best pitchers in the last 10 years who is almost useless in the playoffs

I am assuming you are using Dusty in the manager sense and not the player sense. I mean I don't know if there was ever a period of time where I would say Dusty was "one of the best managers" but that is more believable than "Dusty was one of the best hitters..."

True Dusty was never considered the best manager  but he definitely was in the respected category given that he took so many teams to the playoffs.  I mean he took the Reds to the playoffs.

The better example to Clayshaw probably would have been Marty Schottenheimer but trying to use baseball example.

7 hours ago, hammerva said:

True Dusty was never considered the best manager  but he definitely was in the respected category given that he took so many teams to the playoffs.  I mean he took the Reds to the playoffs.

The better example to Clayshaw probably would have been Marty Schottenheimer but trying to use baseball example.

Or Andy Reid before Andy got Patrick Mahomes.

It really is amazing how much Kershaw has been terrible in the playoffs.  We're talking about the guy who has the lowest ERA in the live ball era of ANY starter.  He has a ridiculous pedigree and resume.  Over the last 12 seasons, his highest ERA is 3.03.  He's had a WHIP under 1.0 seven times.  He had a 15.64 K/BB ratio one year.  But in the playoffs...it just ain't there.  He's had multiple great games - including the earlier this year - but too many like last night for it to be a fluke.  And the pattern is usually the same - 4-5 innings of great work and then, boom, 4 or 5 runs.  Hard to fathom the guy has issues with nerves but what other explanation is there?

Edited by Tabe