DVDVR Message Board

The 2020 NBA Finals: Los Angeles vs. Miami

Dolfan in NYC

So happy for Jimmy out there making history. He's a tough dude, sometimes frustrating, but I'm happy he's getting his shot and knocking it out of the ball park. There was no doubt in my mind that he was gonna die for if he ever got the chance. Just incredible to watch.

LeBron adds another solid piece to his GOAT argument.

But I want to take a minute to just praise the fuck out of Jimmy Butler. If Miami can find him one more piece, that team will be terrifying.

• Like 2

Shannon Sharpe busted out the goat mask and LeBron jersey after the King's  big game for the Lakers | FOX Sports

It's unfortunate that this game will be the last one for 3-4 months. But fuck is this Lakers team something else defensively or what? That was a masterclass.

Draft is November 18th. Weak free agent pool this year, so I do wonder if there will be some teams outside of the two LA teams that really want to take that next step and make a big move through trade. There are a lot of teams that are a step or two down from the Lakers but it's not a gap that can't be closed with a big acquisition for Milwaukee, Miami, Golden State, Portland, and even Denver.

edit:

Just now, Brian Fowler said:

LeBron adds another solid piece to his GOAT argument.

But I want to take a minute to just praise the fuck out of Jimmy Butler. If Miami can find him one more piece, that team will be terrifying.

Yeah. He's always been a guy that has come off as super inconsistent, particularly offensively, but that was a hell of a stretch he put together up until tonight. Still don't think he's at that elite level but he's either a phenomenal #2 or a lower-end #1 that needs a lot of help. It's really hard to gauge Bam's performances because of the injury but this was tough for him. I think the world of him and believe he'll be the #1 guy in the not too distant future, obviously mostly for his defense. I sincerely want Giannis to stay in Milwaukee but if he were to leave, please let it be Miami and not Toronto. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 3

Honestly, my boys did magnificently against a team that they just weren't going to outgun. 

I'm extremely proud to be a Miami Heat fan. I'm extremely happy with all they've done.  They took a big step forward as a team ahead of schedule, and now can look at taking that next step. 

The future is bright.  

And I will tip my cap to LeBron. He's overtaken Jordan as second best of all time.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Honestly, my boys did magnificently against a team that they just weren't going to outgun. 

I'm extremely proud to be a Miami Heat fan. I'm extremely happy with all they've done.  They took a big step forward as a team ahead of schedule, and now can look at taking that next step. 

The future is bright.  

And I will tip my cap to LeBron. He's overtaken Jordan as second best of all time.

Who do you have first? 

The NBA playoff bubble produce some grand games and there was no damn COVID-19 outbreaks while they were in it. Fuck what you heard. This was fun as hell.

Happy for the Lakers too. They played hard especially on the defensive end. Earned this title. Lebron is Lebron. AD was a defensive monster this year. Rondo and KCP were Lakers third/fourth best players in the NBA Finals after their signings were the stuff of jokes for as long as I can remember. Kuzma ...well Kuzma had some great IG pictures during the run.

Edited by _MJ_
  • Like 2

For real. The NBA Bubble might go down as the most meaningful sporting event in history. I don't think I'm exaggerating. 

Their one-day wildcat strike literally changed voting laws. 

The right team won. The Lakers led by one of the two best players ever the year Kobe died. 

The quality-of-play itself was arguably the best basketball ever played.

1) Dame having maybe the best stretch of basketball anyone has ever put together.
2) The great Blazers/Grizzlies play-in game.
3) The Suns going 9-0.
4) The End of The Process.
5) The Luka Legend game.
6) Lowry's pass.
7) The Bucks getting rooked. 
8 Raptors/Celtics Game 6 (My wife's favorite game ever played.)
9) Bam's block.
10) Murray/Mitchell
11) Denver's comeback against the Clips.
12) Dame and CJ dragging the Clips on Twitter.
13) Jimmy Butler becoming a national treasure and Miami becoming America's Team.

This was just an incredible few months. No one got sick. These guys are total heroes for sacrificing so much of their lives to give us entertainment and a distraction from the stupidity that is America 2020. 

Thank you, NBA. I love you so much.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Fuck the Lakers.  At least Kawhi choked.  At least Giannis choked.  Fuck Tom Thibodeaux for not trading Jimmy to the Rockets for the same package we traded for Russ.  Harden, Jimmy and CP3 would've won last year and this year.  Fuck Rondo shooting 25% from 3 in the finals after shooting 45% against the Rockets.  Fuck Danuel House for fucking.  Fuck Dwight Howard for getting a ring in ORLANDO before Harden.  Fuck Playoff Russell Westbrook.  Fuck February Russell Westbrook for making me think it could work.  Fuck Kyle Kuzma because fuck him that's why.  Fuck Anthony Davis because he basically did a KD and he still can't lead a team to any success by himself.  Fuck Scott Foster.  Fuck Tony Brothers.  Fuck Adam Silver.  Fuck the narratives. 

Also praise be to Adam Silver for the bubble and 0 covid cases. 

• Like 2

I have enough bandwagoner friends to make me loath to admit this, but doesn't the lack of home court make the Lakers' title more impressive, since they were deprived of an advantage every other previous number-one seed enjoyed? 

Next year will be interesting. Miami should grow into the role of conference favorites well, but I don't see them rolling the east easily. And out west, Denver is ascendant, Golden State should be back, and the Clippers might... but, probably not. 

But it's a deserved championship for the Lakers and LeBron, even if it's only one. Seeing Butler so clearly fatigued in game-six was a reminder how LeBron's endurance might be his most overwhelming athletic trait. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

LeBron is still 2nd to me. (Dream)

That might be the nicest thing you've ever said about a non-Rockets player.?

Softy.

Next season: a lot depends on the health of the Nets' stars and the Warriors' stars on the competition front. Clippers have to try to make moves too because Kawhi/PG could bolt if things end the same way. I don't see Kawhi leaving honestly but PG if things go bad again...

Edited by _MJ_