DVDVR Message Board

MLB OFFSEASON - Season Resumes 2/17/21

RIPPA

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

And MLB will not be punishing Justin Turner because of course they won't be

4 hours ago, cubbymark said:

An absolute joke.

But he was sooo sorry, guys.

You know how it is when you test positive for a deadly virus; you really just need to go hoist that piece of metal with total disregard for anyone.

Edited by PetrolCB

2 hours ago, elizium said:

Much like the Notre Dame students, who shouldn't have ran on the field, I have trouble with the idea of punishing Turner for an institutional failure.

He refused to comply with security. That's what you punish him for. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And to spin off from the La Russa story - Marcus Stroman basically said he would never sign with the White Sox as long as La Russa was there

So I googled that and part of the conversation referred to LaRussa as "seemingly racist" - what's the story there?

I am gonna link to the Jeff Passan article again because I think what it refers to is basically the middle section of this story

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/30220736/why-tony-la-russa-sincerely-curious-choice-white-sox-manager

Basically La Russa was VERY anti Colin Kaepernick

It is actually the 2nd time Passan wrote about it - the first time was back in 2016

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-hypocrisy-of-tony-la-russa-and-the-understandable-fears-of-black-baseball-players-045857175.html

Plus his very public support of Arizona's SB 1070 immigration law that allowed cops to demand to see immigration papers of anyone that they have a "reasonable suspicion" of being an illegal alien. Basically carte blanche to target and harass any Latinx person they come across

Edited by elizium

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh my god, this TLR hiring is looking dumber and dumber. Fuck this guy and fire him into the sun. Also, who knew TLR was carny as fuck and pro wrestler adjacent?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, elizium said:

Plus his very public support of Arizona's SB 1070 immigration law that allowed cops to demand to see immigration papers of anyone that they have a "reasonable suspicion" of being an illegal alien. Basically carte blanche to target and harass any Latinx person they come across

The Kaepernick thing is (possibly) innocuous but, yeah, not much defense for this one.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Like, come on. HE BROTHERED A POLICE OFFICER. WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUCK.

We need footage of a fanny pack and/or zubaz present for this to be a proper work.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Bauer becomes the first Reds pitcher to win Cy Young

They were one of four active franchises to never have won the award and the only one founded prior to 1961

The teams still seeking their first - Texas Rangers (hence the 1961 bit), Colorado Rockies and Miami Marlins